Neill Blomkamp Remaking Robocop

Tools    

So will this be before or after Greenland? Either way, I'd be interested in seeing it. The special effects alone are going to be bonkers.

This is going to be a piece of ****
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

First glimpses at the new RoboCop suit...

OMG Please...tell me that's a joke! If that's the new Robocop, ugh! What a wimpy looking outfit. I hope that's just robocop's flame retardant underwear.

What's next? a remake of Starship Troopers with the Nazi's as the bad guys

Well this was his Alien concept

Wouldn't be surprised if his Police Force in RoboCop looked like this:

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I thought Neill was doing a Sequel for District 9?

The Bib-iest of Nickels
The thread title is rather misleading if this is actually a sequel to the original rather than yet another remake.
I thought that as well, I would be alright with calling it a "reboot" though, on the order of the new Halloween.

I'm not a big fan of RoboCop. I own the original film on DVD and I didn't find a whole lot to say about it. Then, I watched the remake and I thought it was decent, but, once more, nothing to write home about. I wouldn't be against it, but I'd say I definitely don't have the enthusiasm some do in-regards to this news. A random thought is how much I'd love to see Dredd 2.

This might just do nobody any good.
Will Sharlto Copley be the immoral business man or the crazed future gangster?

I guess we can go ahead and add Die Antwoord as his cronies.

Will Sharlto Copley be the immoral business man or the crazed future gangster?
With that accent, the latter.

I thuoght neill was doing a sequel to district 9?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I fink u freeky and I like you a lot

Funny though. I didn't care for uh... Chappie? But I thought Yo-Landi held her own considering I expected absolutely nothing from them. Maybe it was just the low contrast from the rest of the cast? It was kind of fun to see Hugh Jackman in shorts though.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I thuoght neill was doing a sequel to district 9?
Twist: this is the District 9 sequel. District 10 falls under the same sedition as it’s preceding internment camp and the heartless executives at OmniCorp supply corrupt South African authorities with weaponry to further oppress the prawns. With the return of Christopher Johnson impending, Wikus must seek out the one man who can end the violence and help get stranded aliens back to their home world... one man, part machine, but all cop.

Cool. That movie stands on its own but i can handle that.

From what I've read about it being a sequel to the original movies, is that it is going to completely ignore RoboCop 2 and 3 and be a direct sequel to the first film, and the first film only.
Blomkamp was going to do the same with Alien a few years back and make a fan boy fan movie that just ditches all established cannon.

Said this before about Bumkrap... he's a total hack.
He made 1 half decent film with District 9... the rest of his stuff is either fan fiction or S&M body-dysmorphia fetish movies.