John Woo Remaking The Killer

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Originally announced last year, John Woo is remaking his 1989 film The Killer. However, the major twist with this remake is that the titular character, originally played by Chow Yun-Fat, is now going to be played by a female. Originally, the role was to go have gone to Lupita Nyogo'o and she was set to star in the film until the script underwent a rewrite and it took long to get it done. Nyogo'o is set to work on a new film and thus, she has departed the project. However, Woo announced he is still remaking the film and looking to cast a female in the role:

The biggest reason why I wanted to do this movie again because [I wanted] ‘the killer’ to be a woman — that’s exciting to me. It will make the movie have a different look.”

Deadline

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
who?

(OMG I can't help it, I'm so sorry!!!)

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Welcome to the human race...
They don't even sound the same, bruh.

Anyway, I'll obviously check it out albeit with the reservation that it most likely won't be that good (wasn't too fond of Manhunt) but you never know, I guess.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I read the cast and description and the female lead assassin, falls for a female blind woman. Does this mean they are going to change it to a lesbian relationship, compared to the original movie?

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
They don't even sound the same, bruh.

Anyway, I'll obviously check it out albeit with the reservation that it most likely won't be that good (wasn't too fond of Manhunt) but you never know, I guess.
Deadwood reference.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Man...John Woo.....Paycheck really did kill his career in Hollywood.

Suspect's Reviews

I haven't seen Red Cliff but is that a good John Woo one?

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I haven't seen Red Cliff but is that a good John Woo one?
It's better if you see the 2-part epic and not the international cut, which runs at 150 minutes. I mean that cut is okay, but the 2-film saga brings out more.

Oh okay, thanks, I actually only knew of the two part epic. I remember one website before ranked it was one of the greatest action films of all time, so I wanted to check it out.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
The Killer was my very first Woo film So I'd be curious to see him do a remake with a woman.

It would be strange doing it with a woman though, cause I read the lover is a woman too. As long as it plays naturally into the story, and is not forced pandering or anything.

A bucket of anxiety
At least he's re-doing his own film instead of some ******* taping himself to a popular property for views like some shallow YouTuber. (yes, like yours truly ) And since the love interest is also a female do you think Woo is just taking a jab at modern reboots by rebooting his own film into an all female SJW fest even with all female birds but still making it interesting and remember-able because he's a good filmmaker with something to say?