The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hell of a title to live up too. Particularly when it’s not true.

So Nicolas Cage is making a movie about Nicolas Cage starring Nicolas Cage as Nicolas Cage.
I hope it's like Being John Malkovich and all his character says is "Nicholas Cage."

The movie should be about the Superman movie that never was!
(Sure, we have a documentary made about it, but why not a dramatic feature recounting it? Like that Pearl Harbor movie... "Based" on a true story!)

This movie could turn out to be groundbreaking. You never know, it could end up being to Cage what Birdman was to Michael Keaton.

Imagine Cage getting an Oscar nomination for playing himself.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Giving the amount of movies Nicolas Cage is been doing, most with unknown directors, solely based on his personal correlation with the script, some of which are terrible, others are a good surprise, the only thing we couldn’t expect would be exactly this, that’s why it’s happening.

Sounds rather a lot like Birdman which you could argue mirrors cage's career even moreso than Keaton's.

Cage has been pretty obviously poking fun at his own persona in interviews for awhile, referring to himself in the 3rd person and the like.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
It sounds like a Nic Cage version of the comedy JCVD, where Van Damme played a comical sort of version of himself and that film was did very well. Will it work for Cage? That remains to be seen.

I mean, he already got one for playing the screenwriter of the movie he was in.

Oh Damn its Baby Yoda!! We were talking about you at work today!!!

What if for the past 15 years Cage deliberately acted in terrible films, so that he could make this meta-film later?!
Mr. Pancakes, I agree. Nic was horrible in "The Wicker Man" remake. Sorry, I know you love him but they "*****" on the original The Wicker Man and that makes me