Lodge 49

Tools    

"Set in Long Beach, California, the series centers on a young male ex-surfer, who joins a fraternal lodge after his father's death." - wiki

Just started watching this, six episodes in. Not bad. Pretty well-written, well-made overall. The mysteries are moderately intriguing and it has a nice vibe, even though it's not as funny as I'd like.

"Everyone's looking for unicorns when we already have rhinos."

Very Chestertonian.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Up to episode 5 now.

Yeah, it's definitely not a 'comedy' but it is 'comedic' and humorous. Definitely a unique show. I'm an occultist myself so I appreciate the subtext, it definitely has a certain kind of campy feel to it. The show mirrors real life awkwardness very well and I like how it places a lot of emphasis on character development.
I have no idea where season one is leading up to but I can tell that it will be a show I'll grow fond of as it goes on.

Also that boss woman Damn I feel jealous.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Up to episode 10 (S1) now, been lots of crazy plot twists so far and the character development is perfect. Also the show perfectly sets up subtle things that pay of splendidly later on. Things that would otherwise seem completely random.

Watched the first two episodes. At first it seemed silly: surfer/beach bum character, thin story. But by episode two the antics and story became more interesting. Part of the appeal of the show is its off-beat dialogue and plot, rather like the Cohen Bros. Will be curious to see where it's going.

Thanks for not revealing too much, Dr. Jacoby...

~Doc

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
I'm half way through S2E4. I love the show, even though I've been binging it for merely three days, I really feel like I've grown close to many of the characters and it really is one of those shows that pose a lot of questions back at the viewer. Many things I can't help but see directly reflecting my own personal life but then much of the show is about the dichotomy between the mystery of the lodge and the vapid, meaningless, depressing, misery of the modern capitalist world; it is one of those shows where despite it's eccentricism (hey, I'm eccentric myself, lol) it definitely has a little piece for everyone.
I feel like over time it will become a cult show that people with make petitions to revive for a third season, I can feel it

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
I'm up to S2E6 now.

I found this from a comment just recently which sums up how I feel quite well:

"Holy ****! What an episode. This show really gives me that magical feeling like when I first saw Twin Peaks. It has this morose, magical, hilarious and odd spirit to it that speaking intensely to the human condition..."

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Well I've got only three episodes left and I feel really sad because after I finish S2E10, there won't be anymore left

Now I'm really sad that they canceled season three late last year, ****ing bastards. The writers, the cast, the producers had something special, magical, realistic, relateable, meaningful with this show. I already feel like I've known the characters for years.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Ok, I was gonna take a day off but I'm busy tomorrow so I'm gonna have to bite my teeth and do episode 8 now

I'm really gonna miss this show but I'll definitely be rewatching it in the future

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
I loved episode 8, I smiled the whole way through. It feels that (even though season three was cancelled) that the story really is paying of 100 x more than I ever would have expected. This show has developed and grown so much since the first episode, it's become something truly remarkable. I'm really in love with the cast and the story and everything, literally.
This is possibly one of my favorite shows now.