Does anyone post photos with their iPhone?

Tools    

I was posting photos using photobucket, but now they want several hundred dollars a year for the plan that allows posting to third part sites.

Any other way?

I use imgur. Honestly at this point I prefer it to what Photobucket even used to be.

Yeah this subject has appeared a few times in the shoutbox.

Photobucket is a pile of crap now.

I switched to Imgur too a couple months back... wish I'd have done it sooner tbh. It's a little different to Botophucket as you have to click a small popup window to get the url for sharing but the entire site is way faster, way more friendly and waaaay quicker too.

I was posting photos using photobucket, but now they want several hundred dollars a year for the plan that allows posting to third part sites.

Any other way?
Have you tried using the attachment option since Yoda tweaked it? Very cool now.

Doesn't seem to work via iPhone, unless I'm doing something wrong.
That's a bummer. You will like IMGUR. They have the bbc copy link too. So you can just copy and paste. Good app for the phone as well.

Doesn't seem to work via iPhone, unless I'm doing something wrong.
As seanc said, it's newish (announced about five months ago), so it might be a relatively simple tweak/fix. Drop me a PM or profile comment with the specific thing that isn't working and I'll get right on it.

This is the difference between Imgur and Photobucket.

On PB, you have to click the image, and then on the right side is a load of various links...

On Imgur, you don't actually have to open the image you want to share.

1. Go to your main page... on that page is a load of the albums you've made, each containing all the various pics and stuff. This is my main page... so, like, I'll click on my "MoFo Stuff" album.

2. And that brings me here. MoFo Stuff album with all my various crap and rubbish I use to spam MoFo with

3. So now... to get a link for an image, you don't actually have to click on the image like you do with Photobucket... all you need to do is simply hover over the image with the mouse, and at the top right of the "thumbnail" you will see an arrow, click that... and you see this list of options. Just click "Get Share Links".

4. And this pop-up will appear. For the link that posts the pic to MoFo, use the one called "BB Code (Forums)" which I have highlighted in green in this image. Once copied, just paste the image into MoFo's text box...

The code will look like this on MoFo [**img]http://i.imgur.com/lHqtDk8.png[/img**] but without the ** I've added to the bracketed area.
Remove the ** and the image itself will appear like this:

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=49998

I had the same issues. I use IMGUR now and when I want to share after I upload, I just right click and copy link as, then paste link into mofo using the image code. Saves me an extra step of having to open up some other window to get the link to the image.

Suspect's Reviews

As seanc said, it's newish (announced about five months ago), so it might be a relatively simple tweak/fix. Drop me a PM or profile comment with the specific thing that isn't working and I'll get right on it.
It works perfectly. What I was doing before was clicking upload but not giving it the time to do so and thinking it wasn't working.

Brilliant!

I was actually in the middle of sending you a pm from a different phone while I was trying to post a photo from this phone. I was sending you every step I was doing, and because of the time it was taking for me to type, I noticed that it was working.

I just upload directly to the thread. The site seems to squash the size, etc itself. Now that I know how long to wait for certain pics to upload, there's no trouble with that at all.

Just seen this thread and it reminded me to CLOSE my Photobucket account, good riddance!

BUT, they sure make it hard to close their account, I had to Google instructions on how to close Photobucket account.

btw @cricket are you sure the mobile upload didn't work on your iPhone? I assumed it wasn't working for me at first either, until I decided to wait longer than usual for it to react to the "upload" button. It at first seeme dnothing was happening at all. But I was just not patient enough, expecting it to upload in a few seconds, when, depedning on the file size, could take up to half a minute. (I guess the site's squashing and compressing like a boss!).

btw @cricket are you sure the mobile upload didn't work on your iPhone? I assumed it wasn't working for me at first either, until I decided to wait longer than usual for it to react to the "upload" button. It at first seeme dnothing was happening at all. But I was just not patient enough, expecting it to upload in a few seconds, when, depedning on the file size, could take up to half a minute. (I guess the site's squashing and compressing like a boss!).
It works and I was doing the exact same thing you were doing.

It works and I was doing the exact same thing you were doing.
Excellent. It's that there's no indicative bar, or anything letting you know it's working with the upload after that button is pushed. Makes it easy to think it's not working. I was even resizing pics a few times to see if that worked.