Suggestion about Rep and New Members

Tools    

What on earth are you talking about, sweetie? I'm not mad at you. Are you talking to me?

I'm kind of lost!
I read your post wrong sry, I thought you were saying I was changing my avie just for rep. I look back now and see you were not speaking directly to me, forgive me I am drunk.

That is too damn funny!

Whatever you're drinkin', must be good.

Funny thing is I thought you were someone else and I am glad I did not post my original response...phew!!!!

Female Jungle Poster
I admit that it took me a few minutes to figure out how rep works (I'm not too bright, ya know. )

But for the record, I only give positive reps, and that's for posts which make me laugh or have me scurrying around the internet to research something.

* + reps every poster in this thread*

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
25 is a good number, once someone reaches 25 posts they've contributed something to the community and it's unlikely anyone is going to spam 25 posts just to be able to rep someone.

Female Jungle Poster
Uh oh...I think I made a big boo-boo. I thought, to give someone a positive rep point for a nifty post, I simply had to click on the green bar next to their username.

Only now have I've just noticed the plus/negative signs on each post. I must be dumber than I look. Sorry, gang; I really have been plus repping you, just not correctly.

I don't have any rep point in my profile would you ppl like to give me some rep points?

Employee of the Month
I could live without reputation, but I´m happy when I get some.
It gives you an idea how people like your ideas or your attitude.
In RL it would be even more useful:

"Hey, nice shoes!" *blink* +1
"I like your voice and your ideas!" +1
"What, you looking forward to see the next Twilight-movie?" -1
"With Freddie Prince Jr. in it?" -10

On the other hand: People tend to be less honest, if they got something to loose. That`s what I generally don`t like about group-dynamics. And the cute green bar is also a symbol for that.