Paranormal Activity

→ in
Tools    

It was OK,certain parts were kind of freaky.It didn't really deliver the "shock" value I expected,so in that sense it was a little bit of a letdown.The alternate ending is worth seeing,but still I was disappointed.

I came to know this is sequel and first part was released in 2007. Now i am confused , am i to watch the earlier or just new 2001 version.

So, anybody else here see this yet and have an opinion?
I rented and viewed it a few days ago...

And for the first time in a long time I found myself turning away from the screen and plugging my ears...
This movie found a few of my nightmares, and played on them...
That walking up the stairs sound...click, clock, click clock...

I couldn't look at the screen...this movie builds up tension in you...it plays on your fears...it allows for your own mind to scare you more so than the screen...but it works, at least for me...

It takes the 'blair witch' idea, and builds upon it...(I found this far more creepier than blair witch'....

It takes all that you fear and brings it right into your bedroom....the only other movie to do that was 'The Excorcist'...

I watched it alone, and at night, which added to the 'creepy' effect...
Scary movies are a lot more effective when watched alone, and when all is quiet. Your imagination will compliment the film...

Anyhow...it did to me what a horror film hasn't in years, and that is touch the innards of my soul with nightmarish fright...

ok this is a bit late considering how long ago the movie came out but my friends brother, Micah sloat, is the lead role, I've known Micah for several years now, he had a movie he made in 06 and said it was really scary and good i believed him, I usually do believe Micah however, I was not scared by the movie whatsoever simply because it was completely improvised (made up on the spot) so Micah's personality really came through in his character, now, if i had not known Micah prior to seeing this movie I might have a different opinion of the movie, and it could have very well scared me but I dont think thats what distinguished this movie, this movie was particularly interesting because of the low budget and the fact that they basically shot it in a week, which is ridiculous considering they made 10s of millions of dollars, however that does not change the quality of the movie, i think it was fairly good for it's budget, considering my connection with Micah that's about all I'll say oh and Micah is still very much alive I saw him around christmas

ok this is a bit late considering how long ago the movie came out but my friends brother, Micah sloat, is the lead role, I've known Micah for several years now, he had a movie he made in 06 and said it was really scary and good i believed him, I usually do believe Micah however, I was not scared by the movie whatsoever simply because it was completely improvised (made up on the spot) so Micah's personality really came through in his character, now, if i had not known Micah prior to seeing this movie I might have a different opinion of the movie, and it could have very well scared me but I dont think thats what distinguished this movie, this movie was particularly interesting because of the low budget and the fact that they basically shot it in a week, which is ridiculous considering they made 10s of millions of dollars, however that does not change the quality of the movie, i think it was fairly good for it's budget, considering my connection with Micah that's about all I'll say oh and Micah is still very much alive I saw him around christmas
It's one of the scariest movies I've ever seen...there's still certain scenes I can't watch...it plays on my nightmares...

It just has a everyday real life feel to it...

Yes, your firmiluararity of the movie and or people in it, probrably ruined the scare factor for you...
But for me...I just find it very creepy...and disturbing...

It's one of the scariest movies I've ever seen...there's still certain scenes I can't watch...it plays on my nightmares...

It just has a everyday real life feel to it...
yea even 1 or 2 sections of this movie scared me regardless of my knowing the lead role

however the real aspect of it was terrific, it made the movie probably the best scary movie of 2009