Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
There was a film critic on yesterday talking about this, describing it as "brutish" and basically giving a negative reaction. What was strange was that I could swear he hadn't realized there was a Rambo film a decade ago, and he was thinking only of the first three.

Folha de S.P. (they are the brazilian NYT), called the film 'bad' because Stallone is ugly (yep, I'm not kidding) and because he kills the bandits in a violent way... well, the same critic praised Bacurau and Logan... He also saied that the film is maded for Trump supporters... lmao

Very well said! he he

It's the bohemian rhapsody but with black metal.
Didn't liked the way they portraied the chuch burning. In real life, it was more a cultural thing against christianity.
Also, what the hell was that with Faust (from one ofthe best bands ever EMPEROR)?
He was in the corner during the entire movie, when he murder the homossexual guy, I was like... WTF, so this is Faust? XD

As a norwegian black metal fan, I was expecting at least a good portrayed of what Black Metal means, shame...
It is hard to believe that the former drummer of Bathory was the director since the makers of this movie obviously do not respect the people they portrayed.

RAMBO: LAST BLOOD
(2019)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

It is hard to believe that the former drummer of Bathory was the director since the makers of this movie obviously do not respect the people they portrayed.
YEAH! I couldn't believe that.
That "Scorpions" scene, what was that?
Fenriz (Darkthrone) is a KISS fan and he's there since the beginning.
Actually, most of thus guys are Kiss (and Scorpions) fans...

Hell of a recommendation for Bacurau up there (don't think it'll hit wide release until next year though).

Ad Astra -

like if Interstellar was good
Now that statement actually got me interested.

Folha de S.P. (they are the brazilian NYT), called the film 'bad' because Stallone is ugly (yep, I'm not kidding) and because he kills the bandits in a violent way... well, the same critic praised Bacurau and Logan... He also saied that the film is maded for Trump supporters... lmao
I'm reserving judgement until I see it .

Midsommar (2019)

A strange affair. Good kick off and then indulgent. Wanting more from Jack Reynor after Glassland. Florence Pugh is a bit watery. Bit mad and more like "Black Death" than "The Wicker Man"

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984) - Rewatch on Blu-ray

Okko's Inn (2018) - First Time on Blu-ray

Greed (1924)

+

This was easily the movie from the Silent Era I was most looking forward to, and for good reason. The original version is 9 hours long and mostly lost. There's a 4 hour restoration out there, but Captain Spaulding recommended the 140 minute version. I couldn't find that so I watched a widely available 110 minute version on YouTube. Pretty much all of the silent films I've been watching, I could describe them with the caveat that they're this or that for their time. This movie is timeless, just as meaningful as it was 95 years ago, and startlingly real. The performances are superb, and it's a must see, especially if you're sending in a list for the Pre-30's countdown.

Greed (1924)

+

This was easily the movie from the Silent Era I was most looking forward to, and for good reason. The original version is 9 hours long and mostly lost. There's a 4 hour restoration out there, but Captain Spaulding recommended the 140 minute version. I couldn't find that so I watched a widely available 110 minute version on YouTube. Pretty much all of the silent films I've been watching, I could describe them with the caveat that they're this or that for their time. This movie is timeless, just as meaningful as it was 95 years ago, and startlingly real. The performances are superb, and it's a must see, especially if you're sending in a list for the Pre-30's countdown.
This has been on my watch list for a while, I need to check it out.

“You’re gonna need a bigger boat”
The Bermuda Triangle. Watched it through Rifftrax.
I would say 5/10. Interesting premise, but poor acting, execution, badly paced, and a nonsensical continuity.

Welcome to the human race...
Now that statement actually got me interested.
And yet it's maybe the most reductive thing I could've possibly said about it.

Rambo: Last Blood -

why am I not surprised that the guy who calls himself Ultraviolence thinks that this is good

And yet it's maybe the most reductive thing I could've possibly said about it.

Rambo: Last Blood -

why am I not surprised that the guy who calls himself Ultraviolence thinks that this is good

What can I say, it's my kind of movie!

Welcome to the human race...
It could've been my kind of movie too if it hadn't been so bad a lot of the time.

The Lawnmower Man -

haven't seen a Stephen King adaptation with CGI this bad since It: Chapter Two