Promotion For MovieForums Top 100 Horror Films

Tools    

Go let Sexy Celebrity control your account again. Then there would be something interesting to read.
I would just say find the post where I was rude, out of line, or anything that was bad enough to get under your skin, and I'll apologize for it. Good luck with that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Go let Sexy Celebrity control your account again. Then there would be something interesting to read.
I would just say find the post where I was rude, out of line, or anything that was bad enough to get under your skin, and I'll apologize for it. Good luck with that.
Jesus Christ dude....

Just look at your condescending tone.

Have a good night.

For what was essentially and initially an easy subject to debate, this thread sure has gone ****-up.
I'm gonna sit back and see what Nostro comes up with, and await the proper thread to appear. I'm done in here.

I'm sticking with what I've said already. Either movies tagged as horror on IMDb and/or Wikipedia are automatically eligible or I'm not participating. Period.

This argument wasn't about Gremlins. It was about being able to compile a ballot without having to ask Nostromo or anyone else's permission for every entry. He talked about "credibility" and "sincerity" but is obviously going by a different definition of those terms than I am. To me a truly credible and sincere list is going to be the one that most reflects the tastes and opinions of everyone who chooses to participate, without having been filtered through the vague and ridiculous notions of the vocal few horror "purists" who've appointed themselves as authorities on the subject.

IMDb and Wiki was always the rule with other countdowns... no idea why this one would be different.
I've never really trusted Wiki because anyone can write or edit for them.

True, but Wiki does tend to mirror IMDb a lot.
It's good for a cross reference on ratings, genres, etc.

True, but Wiki does tend to mirror IMDb a lot.
It's good for a cross reference on ratings, genres, etc.
It should, but any one of us could go into wiki and label The Wizard of Oz a horror movie. I certainly wouldn't take it as fact. Not that IMDb is mistake proof.

Slight change of subject... I offered @Nostromo87 some help with graphics, but he never got back to me.
I had a pretty cool idea for them.

It should, but any one of us could go into wiki and label The Wizard of Oz a horror movie.
And if one of us did, not enough people would agree with that label and vote for it, therefore it wouldn't make the countdown and it wouldn't matter anyway.

And if one of us did, not enough people would agree with that label and vote for it, therefore it wouldn't make the countdown and it wouldn't matter anyway.
For that movie I'm sure you're right, but there's been some odd movies that have made lists before. I would just hate to see a replay of the action countdown. I'm definitely for IMDb at least though, just to provide a guideline.

I think having an IMDb rule is a good idea to remove controversy.
Exactly this. Otherwise everyone will just be battling for their very own definition, whether "purist" or lenient enough to include any film with supernatural element or "scary" scene

Where the hell is the Action Countdown everyone keeps mentioning?
I can't see a list for that on MoFo.

Where the hell is the Action Countdown everyone keeps mentioning?
I can't see a list for that on MoFo.
It was never included as an official MoFo list. It's the one Omnizoa ran.

Link

I remember that now
Why wasn't it included as official? Because of a couple odd entries?
I'm not quite sure. @Yoda will have to answer that one. It was his decision.