I didn't understand the ending to Don't Breathe (2016) SPOILER

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Basically I have to spoil the ending, so if you want to see it, don't read beyond this point:

SPOILER

So in the end the blind man does not report to the police that any money was stolen from his house. But why? He had $300 K kept in a safe in his house (instead of a bank for some reason, cause who keeps $300 K in their house), so why didn't he report it stolen since he managed to get the law on his side?

I just didn't understand it, did him being shot gave him a change of heart and not care about the settlement he got, or what?

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Um maybe because of the people he killed and the person he kidnaped and raped. You want police involved in that? And dusting for finger prints inside his house etc.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The less the police poke around the better for him. Plus, it keeps people away from looking for the person who took it so it gives him the opportunity to track them down in the sequel. (Am I joking?)

Suspect's Reviews

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
But wouldn't the police have found evidence of that anyway, which suggests that he already covered that up? Plus one of the dead bodies in the house which he killed happened to be the woman that he sued for his daughter's death. Don't the police think this is a suspicious coincidence?

So since the police were not too bright to find anything of his crimes, and didn't think anything suspicious, it seems he could report the money stolen and the police wouldn't catch on, since they didn't catch onto anything else.

Plus even if they apprehended the last thief who took the money, and the thief accuses the homeowner of kidnapping and rape, a lot of thieves will make up any story to get off. By the time she is caught and tells this story, he would have had everything cleaned up even more so, so the police wouldn't believe her and think she is lying to try to save her skin at that point, wouldn't they?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
The same answer to the dozens of threads where you ask the same question. Drum drum roll, please::

Because it's a movie!!!

Welcome to the human race...
As I recall, he actually disposes of the kidnapped woman's body by dissolving it in a tub of acid that he kept hidden in his basement (presumably for when he actually intended to get rid of her body after she had his child), so the police wouldn't have found her body anyway.

Regarding the money - between the fact that he still had it locked away in a safe and the insanity of his plan, I think it's safe to say that he didn't care that much about the money in the first place (especially when he was willing to let the thieves escape with all of it on the condition that they wouldn't inform the police).

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I didn't understand the ending to "What's so great about 'I didn't understand the ending to' "
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

and the person he kidnaped and raped.
I happened to watch Don't Breathe 2 yesterday and the rape reference came up at one point. Even though I watched the first movie when it came out, I can't remember that part.

Could someone refresh my mind?

Better Living Through Movie Quotes
As I recall, he actually disposes of the kidnapped woman's body by dissolving it in a tub of acid that he kept hidden in his basement (presumably for when he actually intended to get rid of her body after she had his child), so the police wouldn't have found her body anyway.

I thought it was a floor pit of waste motor oil and not acid that he stuck the body in. So, her body might be preserved. Anyway the house would be full of evidence of the battle that wouldn't match a simple break in of the blind guy's house.

I think it is pretty standard narrative that when two parties operating outside the law duke it out (usually in gangster pictures or prison movies), the loser does not call the cops and cry foul. When I watched the film, it actually crossed my mind that this guy might actually try to go find his money himself!

The sequels should be about psycho killers who are deprived of other senses. "Don't step in the light." "Don't pull the finger." "Don't lick the wallpaper." "Don't touch that."

Basically I have to spoil the ending, so if you want to see it, don't read beyond this point:

SPOILER

So in the end the blind man does not report to the police that any money was stolen from his house. But why? He had $300 K kept in a safe in his house (instead of a bank for some reason, cause who keeps $300 K in their house), so why didn't he report it stolen since he managed to get the law on his side?

I just didn't understand it, did him being shot gave him a change of heart and not care about the settlement he got, or what?
Is it possible the answers are revealed in the sequel?