Mouthgasms for MoFo foodies

Tools    

I live in Dallas, believe me, our cuisine is mostly rubbish. A mish-mash of a whole lot of things, but nothing that can be distinctly identified, even imported cuisine, is average at best. Houston or Austin is far better in that respect. If you watch the show regularly, I will bet you 10 Aussie dollars, that there has been nothing from Dallas featured till date and never will be till the show ends.

That being said, I rarely eat outside. Cook at home mostly. Watching my diet since i returned to the gym, 2 weeks ago.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I live in Dallas, believe me, our cuisine is mostly rubbish. A mish-mash of a whole lot of things, but nothing that can be distinctly identified, even imported cuisine, is average at best. Houston or Austin is far better in that respect. If you watch the show regularly, I will bet you 10 Aussie dollars, that there has been nothing from Dallas featured till date and never will be till the show ends.

That being said, I rarely eat outside. Cook at home mostly. Watching my diet since i returned to the gym, 2 weeks ago.
Would tex mex fall into that category? Or the humble BBQ? Australians used to think they owned the BBQ (probably still do) but I think Americans caught up and jumped the fence on that one. We had some great steaks in America.

Food network. When I had it on in the background overnight an ad for man -v- food was on and my god, that guy looked absolutely OTT with his face covered in sauce, pickles, steak juice, onions (OK so now I'm exaggerating - no onions). He looked like he had lost his mind. Is that why they replaced him or is it health related? Seems like a good presentation style in theory but that show is like a celebration of obesity. Seriously, you guys have one of the highest rates in the world along with my own country and that is just way over the top. I dont know why that show is screened here for that very reason. I rettch just watching it.

Oh and well done getting back into the gym, Hells.

I have watched a few episodes of that about a few years ago. Didn't know they changed the host.

Yes the infamous Tex-Mex! Neither here nor there, with bucket loads of cheese. Hate it. I prefer Asian! A crappy fried rice with chicken, beef and shrimp, will do just fine.

Yes we do have some good BBQ, but Kansas is also famous for it. And probably take the crown for BBQ.

Obesity, well that is scourge that is plaguing US. I am tiny guy. I have a hard time dating!

Texas is the 11th or 12th most obese state in US. Colorado being the lowest if i recall correctly. 20-21, most of them are slim, as soon as they hit 30, boom, something just changes, and everyone starts gaining weight.

https://obesity.procon.org/view.reso...ourceID=006026

The rate of change is staggering.

Blame it on the fast food chains mostly and with the advent of the internet, active life has gone out of the window. Where i live, 8 fast food chains in 3 mins. and 11 if its 5.

Does Australia it have an obesity problem?

I have watched a few episodes of that about a few years ago. Didn't know they changed the host.

Yes the infamous Tex-Mex! Neither here nor there, with bucket loads of cheese. Hate it. I prefer Asian! A crappy fried rice with chicken, beef and shrimp, will do just fine.

Yes we do have some good BBQ, but Kansas is also famous for it. And probably take the crown for BBQ.

Obesity, well that is scourge that is plaguing US. I am tiny guy. I have a hard time dating!

Texas is the 11th or 12th most obese state in US. Colorado being the lowest if i recall correctly. 20-21, most of them are slim, as soon as they hit 30, boom, something just changes, and everyone starts gaining weight.

https://obesity.procon.org/view.reso...ourceID=006026

The rate of change is staggering.

Blame it on the fast food chains mostly and with the advent of the internet, active life has gone out of the window. Where i live, 8 fast food chains in 3 mins. and 11 if its 5.

Does Australia it have an obesity problem?
Yes it does. Not as bad as I thought when I looked it up but still not good. I had no idea china was 2nd after USA.

My nephew lives in US and he loves tex mex. Absolutely loves it. I dont like that american cheese that glows in the dark - turns me off a bit, and I was amazed that in usa unless you get guacamole made at the table it comes out of a tube, so I've been told by americans. How hard is guacamole to make! That's just pure laziness.

One of the things I dont like about food network is constantly seeing people shovel food in their mouths. What is with that.

Yes it does. Not as bad as I thought when I looked it up but still not good. I had no idea china was 2nd after USA.
China, well that's the consequence of 1-child policy. If you can't have a 2nd child, make sure to feed the 1st one.

Yeah and I'm currently enjoying my new hobby of making every flavour there is. Mr Dani has not complained about being taste tester.
I volunteer to be a [s]taster[/s] tester.

I volunteer to be a [s]taster[/s] tester.

what great photos, El.That second one looks gorgeous!

Strange, I thought East Asians were magical creatures who never go fat. Well there are a few odd ones out there I guess. Japan is very stringent about obesity. I like some their food. But since I don't like fish, it's hard to really get into their cuisine. Well the Chinese here in US are mostly slim, with the occasional odd one out.

Strange, I thought East Asians were magical creatures who never go fat. Well there are a few odd ones out there I guess. Japan is very stringent about obesity. I like some their food. But since I don't like fish, it's hard to really get into their cuisine. Well the Chinese here in US are mostly slim, with the occasional odd one out.
That's a fallacy about japan but you have to live there to believe it. Reports I've read, and going back to the early 90s because I was living there, indicate a lot of kids eat way way too much fast food trying to westernise. I was shocked to see the average body fat level for young women was 33% (but you dont notice it because generally they have such tiny frames).

Good to see afellow traveller, Hells

So pretty MsM!
My Polish ex years ago said the french stole the polish culinary delights and built up from there. He was very proud of Polish cuisine but had never cooked anything in his life. A cup of tea was it.

Food network again for Hell_storm - i've got it on again at stupid o'clock and currently watching - Yes - that very same show about late night eats. O'Neill's pub in Dublin looks pretty amazing. O'Neill is a bit like Smith, isnt it? Must be millions of pubs by that name.

Followed by some pub in Melbourne Australia. Deep fried battered pickle. Well, I've never heard of it before but I think that would go really really well with a cold beer.

That is stunning pic! Yummm!

I was a food network junkie about two year ago. Grew out if it. But all in all Good eats is the best show I have seen. And I consider Alton Brown as my God!

If you haven't seen it, it's a must watch! Sciency stuff.

I was with my friend in the baker today and I ate this delicious, sweat and full of nuts cake. Yummy!
I would scarf that down in a nanosecond.

That is stunning pic! Yummm!

I was a food network junkie about two year ago. Grew out if it. But all in all Good eats is the best show I have seen. And I consider Alton Brown as my God!

If you haven't seen it, it's a must watch! Sciency stuff.
Hi. Sorry to be so tardy but I only just saw this.

I'm a bit of a foodnetwork junkie as well because I recently started up with using the tv for background noise and that's the only thing I will tolerate other than sport like the tennis grand slam.

No that show is so not my thing. I'm sorry about that, hellz. Combine with Myth Busters and blow things up, or Icee Road Truckers and set up a fake scenario of a high altitude Yeti and Yak Cheese Pie and I might be interested. Game shows on there - I just cant tolerate them, or game shows in general. They disturb my zen tranquility and make me want to stab something multiple times. For some reason I always thought that was Bobby Filet 's network but nope. He comes across as an arrogant tool IMO, which is quite strange because I like him. Maybe it was all the gutter gossip about him and Giarda that turned me off even though I didnt read about it until well over.. I'm not sure when I became such a snobby snooty foodie. Forgive me!

The shows I like are the travel/foodie show eg Giarda in Italy who you like. Now how does she stay so slim? because she doesnt eat the food - she has a spit bucket. I like my aussie chefs overseas so I have to promote them.Do you get Luke nguyen ih Vietnam or France?. People like Marco Pierre White (from UK but I think he still livesin sydney. Rick Stein is lovely; english but he lives here.. Mystery Diners is so damn hysterical. They cantt even hide the fact it's sxripted. I like the english body builder who renovates restaurats,and my fave is probably AnthonyBordaine (is that how you spell it?Temporary brain fart.

I quite liked Myth Busters. Ice Road truckers and Duck Dynasty and those pawn shop shows are garbage.

Good Eats, i quite liked it coz it was the history/science behind food. Loved it. I think they started a new Bobby Flay is an excellent chef. I dont much care about their personal lives as extra marital affairs and break up are just normal stuff that happens in life. They got plenty of time, to exercise, their day is not normally 9-5 like most of us. They have a shoot, they go and do it, they dont, just stay at home.

I think Alton started redoing the show again now. Haven't seen the newer episodes. So dont know if the show kept the same premise.

I was a food network, cooking channel, investigation discovery junkie myself. Grew out of it now.

Mostly switched to TV detective shows. Mostly British, a few from Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc.

You dont have to apologize for it! Everyone has different opinions!

I quite liked Myth Busters. Ice Road truckers and Duck Dynasty and those pawn shop shows are garbage.

Good Eats, i quite liked it coz it was the history/science behind food. Loved it. I think they started a new Bobby Flay is an excellent chef. I dont much care about their personal lives as extra marital affairs and break up are just normal stuff that happens in life. They got plenty of time, to exercise, their day is not normally 9-5 like most of us. They have a shoot, they go and do it, they dont, just stay at home.

I think Alton started redoing the show again now. Haven't seen the newer episodes. So dont know if the show kept the same premise.

I was a food network, cooking channel, investigation discovery junkie myself. Grew out of it now.

Mostly switched to TV detective shows. Mostly British, a few from Australia, New Zealand, Canada etc.

You dont have to apologize for it! Everyone has different opinions!
I was just mucking around, Hells. I dont watch any of them except from time to time as background noise. MythBusters - I love those two guysand I love that it's part aussie made but no, not a regular. Same for ice road truckers. If I see they're in a part of the world I have an interest in I'll check it out if I know about it, but I dont go out of my way to check the program. Duck dynasty I havent seen here. Might be on here - might not be. pawn guys - We have that but i havent seen it. We have a lot of US shows and a lot of aussie shows naturally.Just depends what I feel like. Food Network is just the least offensive channel for me for background noise. Some of those programs I like and some not so much. If I can get a new recipe ut of food network - goodoh!

I just made some flavorless ice cream. Just milk flavored to be exact. Didn't have too much hope, but it turned out pretty tasty!

That's great Heelz. Good icecream is good icecream. Hands in the air cheering (do we have that emoji? I'm on so many drugs today I could just dance the even9ng away like no one was watchi9ng.

Drugs as in medicine i hope!!