Scary Movie?

Tools    

Radioactive Spider Blood
I have a DVD question I hope someone can answer. I recently bought 'Scary Movie' on DVD. Well, the day I got it, I sat down to watch it, and it didn't work! The first frame of the FBI warning froze and never moved. Okay, I said, this blows.

So, I put it in my PS2, and it worked, and I watched the movie!
After that, I checked some of my other DVDs in my player, and they all worked perfectly. And I took my 'Scary Movie' to my friend's house to check it on his DVD player and it worked.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? I cleaned the DVD, obviously checked that other DVDs worked in my player... I don't know what's happening!

Any help?

"Chances are, if your parents didn't have any kids, then you won't either."

I've had several reports at work with incompatibility problems with Scary Movie including the freeze during the intro. What player do you have? I'm working with my people on a firmware upgrade to eliminate the problem, but I need player info for specifics. I'll let you know if we a solution for you without the upgrade.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Radioactive Spider Blood
It's a Samsung DVD-709. 24 bit, 96 kHz. Let me know if you need more info, I just ran up and looked at the stuff on the outside.

Thought it might be. Samsung is having nationwide problems with this disc. They have not put out a press release yet to say whether or not they will offer a free firmware upgrade. Here's the number to call to find out if an upgrade is available yet....Samsung Customer Support - (800)-726-7864. Good luck!!

Radioactive Spider Blood
Thanks much, Laurie!