POLL: DVD Packaging

Tools    

What type of packaging do you, as consumers, prefer? The type of case depends on the studio that releases the film, but if there is an overwhelming preference of consumers, other studios may fall in line.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I voted for cardboard snap cases. Don't know why, just like them better.

I've only used the first kind (I've handled "The Matrix" and "Analyze This" - I like them just fine, but wish they were a bit sturdier - maybe some strong plastic instead of cardboard - or just stronger cardboard..."The Matrix" is getting dented and banged up.

I like clamshell cases better than the rest because they're easier to handle. Plus with several hundred DVDs, it's hard to arrange them on the shelves when the cardboard snap cases keep catching on each other. It's tough enough to store a disc properly without having to worry about mismatched cases. Clamshells also protect against temperature changes and dust better.

The clamshell cases seem to fake to me. I don't really know how to explain that. It just doesn't feel like an authentic movie type thing when I hold one. And well since I only have like 6 DVD's right now, I don't really have that problem you do.

I'm severly out of room for any more DVDs. It would help immensely if I could get rid of the VHS tapes I have left, but a lot of them aren't on DVD yet so I have to keep them. The good/bad thing is that with the new year, I'll be getting over 100 DVDs from work that I have to test and then I get to keep, but I don't have room for the darn things...lol. Ackkk!!

How do y'all store yours? Maybe I can come up with something better than what I've got going here. Help! LOL.

Poor Laurie - she's got more DVDs than she can possibly use You'll be in my prayers :P

I've just got 4 of my own right now (dang cool ones, though), so I dunno how I'll be storing them.

What are the clamshell ones like anyway?

The Clamshell ones are the ones like T2 right?

I have 6 DVD's and since I just use a DVD-ROM, they are held between my speakers and my computer. Don't think that will work for you though.

How about getting a 300 DVD changer?

Yes clamshells are like T2. I have a 500 DVD changer, but I don't use it as storage. DVDs shouldn't be stored in a player...high risk of exposure.

Right now I've got them all in a six feet tall bookcase, but that won't last long. I want to avoid what happened with my VHS tapes if possible. At one time I had over 3000 VHS tapes. My living room and dining room had nothing but bookcases filled with tapes. I've sold all but 300 tapes, but I don't want a house full of bookcases again...lol. At this rate, my home will look like one of our warehouses...again.

I'm confused - I have the T2 now and it looks to bt the same size and shape as the others - or is it the little handle thing that snaps open differently that you're referring to?

I wanna be a tester! Sign me up!

Clamshells are plastic cases...The Matrix is a cardboard snapcase. It's kind of like VHS tapes. Disney and kids movies are usually in the larger clamshell cases whereas everything else is in cardboard slipcases...lol...That help?

LOL sunfrog. I love my job, especially since my promotion last month, but sometimes I feel cursed too. *Sigh* LOL doesn't anybody feel sorry for me yet? LOL. Didn't think so.

Didn't see it.
Clamshell all the way.

ALT-S.

I voted for clamshells too.
Hey, I saw this neat thing where the directors and stuff were reading the feedback forms they got when they prescreened Final Destination. It was pretty funny! lol
I vote for that too. I know, I feel lazy today. I didn't feel like looking for the Wish List post, plus my feet are cold! Gotta get back in bed. Lol.

Oh, yeah. I have a Toshibaaa dvd player and it has this neat zoom capability. Sometimes if you zoom in on a newspaper or flyer or something you can read funny stuff the directors (or whoever) wrote. I forget the movie but one said: god I hate trying to think of things to write, if you're reading this you must be really bored and a bunch of stuff like that. I don't know if those count as Easter eggs.

Other times you can see stuff like important papers are really lunch menus and stuff.

Merry Christmas everybuddy!
-------------------------------

I did the Alt+P! I did the Alt+P!

LOL...why the change of heart?

I don't know. At the begining most of my movies were in cardboard boxes but now the more are in clamshell so I like them better I guess.

Does anybody know where I can buy clamshells?
Do they sell them somewhere? I only need like 4.