India corner

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
she reminds me of Gong Li.
Not at all.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

In that photo, and to be fair it's probably the angle and her expression. I'm not saying she's a dead ringer or anything .

You can't win an argument just by being right!
gorgeous photos! I shall post photos when I get home. A bit difficult when I'm away. They're really lovely.

I can see it. It's the glamour for me. And the exquisite exoticness

Oh my goodness my ty[ing is finally getting a bit clearer.
LMAO. Ohhh the ironing. I only just noticed.

I can see it. It's the glamour for me. And the exquisite exoticness
I guess I stared at Li Gong so long, she already looks like no other woman for me.

@ashdoc so I have a question for you, even though I'm pretty sure I figured it out myself.

In Enthiran (2010) by S. Shankar there is a fire scene and the eponymous robot saves a girl from burning alive. However, she was just taking a bath and is naked. The TV cameras record the robot carrying the naked girl on his hands. After he releases the girl and the crowd is cheering for him, the girl's family is shocked and flabbergasted, and the girl herself bewilderedly runs towards the road to be run over by a car. It is made in a way to suggest the girl commited suicide out of shame. I'm pretty sure this is connected with a culture, or religion, as there are so many in India, you can't talk about Indians as one, but why would the girl be still ashamed if her being naked was justifiable given the circumstances. It's not like she was caught with her lover in some weird fetish game. Her life was just saved, but she threw it away due to ridiculous cultural constructs (what the film seems to be criticizing as well).

@ashdoc so I have a question for you, even though I'm pretty sure I figured it out myself.

In Enthiran (2010) by S. Shankar there is a fire scene and the eponymous robot saves a girl from burning alive. However, she was just taking a bath and is naked. The TV cameras record the robot carrying the naked girl on his hands. After he releases the girl and the crowd is cheering for him, the girl's family is shocked and flabbergasted, and the girl herself bewilderedly runs towards the road to be run over by a car. It is made in a way to suggest the girl commited suicide out of shame. I'm pretty sure this is connected with a culture, or religion, as there are so many in India, you can't talk about Indians as one, but why would the girl be still ashamed if her being naked was justifiable given the circumstances. It's not like she was caught with her lover in some weird fetish game. Her life was just saved, but she threw it away due to ridiculous cultural constructs (what the film seems to be criticizing as well).
I haven't seen the movie, since it is in South Indian language I do not understand. But I searched for opinions of the movie after reading your post and I found this review. It seems the movie is inherently racist and misogynist .

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/acces...iran-2010/amp/

I watched quite a lot of Indian movies. The singing and dancing just gets to me. Since I lived in Calcutta, I got to know the city and their movies quite well. They do make good movies, better than what Bollywood dishes out for sure.

I watched quite a lot of Indian movies. The singing and dancing just gets to me. Since I lived in Calcutta, I got to know the city and their movies quite well. They do make good movies, better than what Bollywood dishes out for sure.
That is just so awesume Helz. I loved Calcutta - had such a greattime there and learnt to cook indian foos. Where did you live and for how long. Apologise in aqdvance if you already told me.

Not quite sure on the name of the place. Some area called Salt Lake. I have been on and off for about 6-7 years. Last time was 2012. I understand the language pretty well. But do not speak too well.