Harvey Weinstein Fired!!

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I have no doubt she is probably consulting a team of lawyers and publicists to make sure it is all substantiated and the story unravels on her own terms. I hope she exposes more names. Sometimes I worry that a few of these individuals, such as Weinstein, will get scapegoated but the ones with no fame will remain in the background doing their dirty work. I hope not. It certainly seems like a turning point.
I agree with all of that, D. Maybe then the predators will stop trying to usethreats to use the cone of silence. A friend ofmine was tampered with when she was a teen, while on a holiday with the family at their expense no less, and impregnated her. When she told him she was going to talk he threatened to turn it around on her, so I feel really strongly about this, and she wasnt the only girl I knew who got fiddled with. There is so much of it it's mind blowing

And it's moving along now. A tv show celeb that people have known about for years behaving in a similar manner to weinstein like a rabbit inthe spotlights in my own country now that he's under the public gaze. Amazing seeing people in the public coming out and saying they knew about it for years. I knew about it well over a decade ago. The cone of silence is finally lifting. About time. And this guy is blaming having undiagnosed aspergers - i cant look people in the eye, he said while looking the reporter in the eye. Didnt stop him looking women in the eye when harassing those involved in the industry, though.

Love this quote from Tiffany Haddish, the breakout star of Girls Trip.

Listen, fellas. Listen. If you got your thing-thing out and she’s got all her clothes on, you’re wrong. You’re in the wrong.

‘Nuff said.

Interesting night. Please excuse my typos, ramblings, flippy floppies, whatevs. Super tireso stayed up to watch and now House is on and I need to make a cupe of tea

On tvtonight. I didnt see or dont recall any Harvey program being promo'd for havey during the week. luckily a visitor told me (or unluckily) so I had a squizz. My memory is pretty shakey but here you hacve it

Aus 60 minutes. 60 minutes so you get the drill - take it with a grain of salt bugt I was a bit surprised. I was only seeing dribs and drabs while doing something else but they showed the good and bad of Harv

They did the samw with the women making allegations - showed good and bad, or bad then good. I thought that was pretty good.

Then they aired an american program. Goodand badofbth sides.

I'm sorry About that last night. Never bake and take opioids!!! Sure for sure.

What I saw od the americandocymentary I really liked. I think it was more pro Harv ey and very slick, but from memory it was pretty subtle.

Blahhhh dont know what Im talking about. I need a freakingsuperhero to come and white knight me, mr, prontp!!! Giant fig!!!

Geoffrey Rush's matter - I think I brought him up in this thread. If it's in the other theread let me know and I'll move it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-2...egraph/9566184

I wonder what else will come out of this now that the NDAs have been canceled.

The Weinstein Co. Files For Bankruptcy, Cancels Non-Disclosure Agreements

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Let's stir it up a little bit.

Well, that's Hollywood for ya. It always was, is and will be like this. Weinstein sunk and the witch-hunt started. Morally dubious people in-the-business let talentless starlet wannabe girls get roles, or just promise a role in exchange for sex. Obviously, for a young girl these older men are physically repugnant, and they feel like vomiting just thinking about their dirty hands on their precious, little, "innocent" bodies, but well, one needs to grit one's teeth and go along with it. It will only take a moment, and later on: fame and money. :)

Such situation really messes with girl's head. On one hand, she consciously agreed to it (but still had this "feeling of uncertainty" so common among females), but on the other hand she still feels disgusted. Perhaps disgusted with the man who obviously abused his power to gain sexual advantage of her in exchange for something, or maybe disgusted with herself, so that she turned out to be a total slut selling her body for profit. Of course, the latter thought is extremely derogatory to herself, but what can she do right now? She's either been given the promised role, or not. If not, her hate towards the man rises even more. If yes, then she hopes for next ones. But what if she gets nothing? Her hate, frustration and insecurity all rise even more.

Either way, years pass by, and she almost forgot everything that happened, but one day, when her fame has long dimmed and she is a nobody again (not that she was anybody in the first place), she finds out about this "social justice" programme that has girls opening old wounds, and openly talking about the (real or otherwise) cases of "sexual misbehaviour". Now is her chance to be in the limelight again.

She accuses the man of raping/abusing/using her. It's easy to change facts about something that happened years ago, because you don't really remember it that well, your perception of things changes with time, and anyway your shame is pushing out your own guilt out of this. The man is a piece of sh*t anyway, using many girls that way, so he himself can't really remember what he did with every and any of them, whether she was willing, lightly resisted, or intoxicated, and hornier than him. Besides, he was probably high/drunk as f*ck himself, so he can't be even sure what happened in the first place.

But yes. Now the girl, supported by all other women, feels strong. She feels powerful. She can finally take revenge on the man. It doesn't really matter whether he raped her, or not, whether she agreed, or not, or how much she agreed for. Now such a powerful man trembles with fear. He is no longer inviolable. Patriarchy was shaken! Now the girl's conscience is clear, too. She is not a slut. She is a victim. It was a rape. She is an innocent victim of the rape. Rape culture? Give me a break. It's a "victim is always right" culture.

She and other "he slapped my ass in a bar twelve years ago" and "he told me a sex joke twenty give years ago and I felt sexually harassed" wenches and their dumb cases only take up place for real cases of serious sexual abuse, rape etc.

EOT.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Colour me shocked that it was the regular consumer of rape and sexual torture media that came up with that Guess he has to look out for his brethren. Never felt better placing someone here on ignore.

Colour me shocked that it was the regular consumer of rape and sexual torture media that came up with that Guess he has to look out for his brethren. Never felt better placing someone here on ignore.
Wow, what a mean spirited, self-righteous response to a genuine discussion post. You immediately come out of the gate stating not only that you think what I wrote is a plate of sh*t, but you use diction that is meant to frame my post as extremely offensive.

You simply declare it a bad post, as if it’s an accepted fact, without backing up your argument. You not only fail to present supporting evidence for your argument; you also fail to understand what I meant to say. Your post seeks to demean the opinion of those who think that way, because you don’t think that way.

The diction used to describe my persona lacks any respect, and your ad hominem reduces me to a mere, mindless consumer of rape media that not only lets the aforementioned media shape his worldview, but also become his sole source of creating such worldview.

My view on such cases is coming from culturally developed laws, things that have been built upon for decades within human society. I'm not denying Weinstein was an *******, and my post was not addressing his case. It was addressing other cases that it inspired. Kindly note that the girl in my example is not meant to describe every victim of rape, sexual assault, or sexual misbehaviour, but rather point at possibilities of women using such alleged charges for their own benefit. My apologies, if I didn't make it obvious in this post itself.

It’s perfectly fine for you to dislike my post and voice your opinion. This is a discussion thread after all. But demeaning people who legitimately tried to add some bitterness to the otherwise one-sided phenomenon, as well as the people who put their heart and soul while making it, is highly unbecoming, and not conducive to discussion about this topic.

Welcome to the human race...
Putting "EOT" at the end of your post isn't exactly conducive to discussion either.

Putting "EOT" at the end of your post isn't exactly conducive to discussion either.

I wonder what else will come out of this now that the NDAs have been canceled.

The Weinstein Co. Files For Bankruptcy, Cancels Non-Disclosure Agreements
Interesting. Makes me wonder whether conflict between the brothers started before or after this all broke apart. I had a long conversation with someone last night about the film industry here and how all the dominoes toppled so quickly.

I dont know what that other discussion is even about. Too tiredover this end. Going to bed to snuggle a movie.

Let's stir it up a little bit.

Well, that's Hollywood for ya. It always was, is and will be like this. Weinstein sunk and the witch-hunt started. Morally dubious people in-the-business let talentless starlet wannabe girls get roles, or just promise a role in exchange for sex. Obviously, for a young girl these older men are physically repugnant, and they feel like vomiting just thinking about their dirty hands on their precious, little, "innocent" bodies, but well, one needs to grit one's teeth and go along with it. It will only take a moment, and later on: fame and money. :)

Such situation really messes with girl's head. On one hand, she consciously agreed to it (but still had this "feeling of uncertainty" so common among females), but on the other hand she still feels disgusted. Perhaps disgusted with the man who obviously abused his power to gain sexual advantage of her in exchange for something, or maybe disgusted with herself, so that she turned out to be a total slut selling her body for profit. Of course, the latter thought is extremely derogatory to herself, but what can she do right now? She's either been given the promised role, or not. If not, her hate towards the man rises even more. If yes, then she hopes for next ones. But what if she gets nothing? Her hate, frustration and insecurity all rise even more.

Either way, years pass by, and she almost forgot everything that happened, but one day, when her fame has long dimmed and she is a nobody again (not that she was anybody in the first place), she finds out about this "social justice" programme that has girls opening old wounds, and openly talking about the (real or otherwise) cases of "sexual misbehaviour". Now is her chance to be in the limelight again.

She accuses the man of raping/abusing/using her. It's easy to change facts about something that happened years ago, because you don't really remember it that well, your perception of things changes with time, and anyway your shame is pushing out your own guilt out of this. The man is a piece of sh*t anyway, using many girls that way, so he himself can't really remember what he did with every and any of them, whether she was willing, lightly resisted, or intoxicated, and hornier than him. Besides, he was probably high/drunk as f*ck himself, so he can't be even sure what happened in the first place.

But yes. Now the girl, supported by all other women, feels strong. She feels powerful. She can finally take revenge on the man. It doesn't really matter whether he raped her, or not, whether she agreed, or not, or how much she agreed for. Now such a powerful man trembles with fear. He is no longer inviolable. Patriarchy was shaken! Now the girl's conscience is clear, too. She is not a slut. She is a victim. It was a rape. She is an innocent victim of the rape. Rape culture? Give me a break. It's a "victim is always right" culture.

She and other "he slapped my ass in a bar twelve years ago" and "he told me a sex joke twenty give years ago and I felt sexually harassed" wenches and their dumb cases only take up place for real cases of serious sexual abuse, rape etc.

EOT.
Thanks for your 6-paragraph spew of vomit. Have you the remotest idea how hard it is for a woman to tell the world that she was molested as a child, is a victim of rape, sexual harassment or otherwise abused by a man? Consider in future keeping quiet on topics of which you have no knowledge.

Have you the remotest idea how hard it is for a woman to tell the world that she was molested as a child, is a victim of rape, sexual harassment or otherwise abused by a man?
That's precisely the point. The topic is touchy, and therefore once a girl says she was molested, people simply believe her, and while most of these reveals are true, in that giant swarm of them that poped up lately, there are some false accussations, too. If you said Weinstein molested you as well, most people would believe you. And you could even do it anonymously.

Besides show-business is built around constructs that allow a person to get advantage by a certain chain of "acquaintances", and lets not kid ourselves, big guys in the business know this and use this to their advantage. So do little guys, to gain the advantage of the big guys. It doesn't mean that all big guys do it. It doesn't mean that all little guys do it. But it's there. And it will be that way. And this is nothing new at all, and not exclusive to Hollywood either.

You (and many people) take all this too one-sidedly. The world in not black and white, you know.

Consider in future keeping quiet on topics of which you have no knowledge.
Okay, ma'am. I will not dare speaking about such topics in the future. And in case I'm not sure whether I am allowed to, I will seek your direct permission.

That's precisely the point. The topic is touchy, and therefore once a girl says she was molested, people simply believe her, and while most of these reveals are true, in that giant swarm of them that poped up lately, there are some false accussations, too. If you said Weinstein molested you as well, most people would believe you. And you could even do it anonymously.

Besides show-business is built around constructs that allow a person to get advantage by a certain chain of "acquaintances", and lets not kid ourselves, big guys in the business know this and use this to their advantage. So do little guys, to gain the advantage of the big guys. It doesn't mean that all big guys do it. It doesn't mean that all little guys do it. But it's there. And it will be that way. And this is nothing new at all, and not exclusive to Hollywood either.

You (and many people) take all this too one-sidedly. The world in not black and white, you know.

Okay, ma'am. I will not dare speaking about such topics in the future. And in case I'm not sure whether I am allowed to, I will seek your direct permission.
i agree wuith allof that,

i was going tyo day something else but i dforget.

holy hell. my spelling

im so sorry about that

i agree, min. i cant remember the other bit

I mean I agree with all of that, and i forget the other bit.obviously i am not a touch typist, my memory has gone to hell, and sometimes when i see edits i am too lazy to edit.

I wonder if you really will adhere to these 2 statements. Time will tell.