Mads Mikkelsen

Tools    

I'm partial to Icona Pop, and I remember Aino Jawo's half Finnish .

This was fascinating to see because as I watched it I was thinking the music was very good – full-blooded, which I like – but also "there's a Bond sound in there". And then I looked at their video for False Kings, which is full of Bondian imagery; the YouTube commenters have also noticed how applicable the sound is for a Bond theme . Actually it's funny that the main man reminds me of Martin Fry of ABC fame, who incidentally covered the Bond theme Thunderball for David Arnold's 1997 Shaken and Stirred remix album.

Another thing is that like some other Nordic artists there's that sense in the lyrics of English being the second language, which is in itself very attractive. ABBA are surely the most famous example of that.
Speaking of Bond...

You can't win an argument just by being right!
ABBA are surely the most famous example of that.

I loved ABBA so much. I think Frida was my first lady crush.

I loved ABBA so much. I think Frida was my first lady crush.
I still think it's amazing that they didn't write any of it down . Then they had to go through that process something like 10 years ago, I think for Mamma Mia!.

I still think it's amazing that they didn't write any of it down . Then they had to go through that process something like 10 years ago, I think for Mamma Mia!.
Yeah it is tragic. Benny cant read music.

I spoke to a music geek (lovely guy) back in about 1989. He said out of all the musicians of that decade, like them or hate them, abba had the best music in that the voices of the women for a start were so well matched on every level and the way they put music together was perfect. Now this is just me putting my own words to what he said but I think I get his point across.

I dont know why they werent so popular in america. Here it was Beatles level of fandom. Completely insane (and I can speak from the mouth of one of them. So many docos with music experts have been made about WTF happened here; you can even study it at uni. My older sibs still ask me WTF happened because they were all into super cool music like Jimmy my other husband hendrix, Woodstock etc and taht's the music I had been brought up on at that stage. They were just so HUGE and family friendly as well so I guess that helps). I was devastated when their marriages broke up. For a little girl that was such a fairytale, then their group broke up. Be still my broken heart. We round table talk about how such a saccharine sweet band caused this abbabmania phenomena here whwen we get together. Hell, why didnt it happen to the super cool bands. One of my sisters took me to it so she's on my side eventhough she was a supercoolband snob. Go me!!! It's hard winning the argument when I have 6 loud brothers!

I think I 'lol add my lil two cents here re: Abba. I always liked them, even though I am no stranger to hip -cool -alternative & whatever music. But Abba is like John Denver jmho - the critics always looked down on them- but they reached their fans with music that was sweet and sentimental, romantic and at times poignant- and they created the best lyrical ' hooks' you could ever want to hear. Melodies that stay in your ears and heart and you want to sing along with. Their image was never' too cool for school' either, but they transcended the fads and made songs - pop songs in the best sense of the word- that arr timeless. In fact, I' m gonna get off mofo right now, and mosey down a country road. And when I get there , I ll put on my steppin' shoes and become a regular Dancing Queen.

See ya on the radio.

I spoke to a music geek (lovely guy) back in about 1989. He said out of all the musicians of that decade, like them or hate them, abba had the best music in that the voices of the women for a start were so well matched on every level and the way they put music together was perfect. Now this is just me putting my own words to what he said but I think I get his point across.
Yeah they were a perfect combination; it was a great sound.

Yeah they were a perfect combination; it was a great sound.
And a never ending sup[ply of earworms. I found that Lady Gaga and the singer who sang youre toxic (having a memory blank) did the same. Every song would get stuck in your ear.

And a never ending sup[ply of earworms.
Oh yeah .

I found that Lady Gaga and the singer who sang youre toxic (having a memory blank) did the same. Every song would get stuck in your ear.
Britney Spears.

I like Lady Gaga – You and I with its country sound was very surprising when it came along, as well as her brilliant male alter ego in the video .

We've gone on holiday by mistake
He probably did himself a huge favor considering the rubbish Bruckheimer produced for the last 20+ years. Don Simpson was clearly the talent.

Everyone here knows Dani8 and I are the biggest Mads fans.

I belong to several facebook groups of his fandom.

Here is an article that showed up recently.

http://thefilmexperience.net/blog/20...mikkelsen.html