Films you think I NEED to see before I start building my Top 100?

Tools    

Basterds is my favourite Tarantino

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

He's judging a film, by seeing "just parts" of it; whilst running down a series of mainstream films he looked up on Google, and calling them "pop-culture garbage."

Is it a bad film though? And if so why?
Don't even bother, he doesn't even know what he's talking about. He'll probably just respond with lyrics from a random Hungarian Song he quickly searched up, or a quote from Japanese literature. (So edgy.)
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

honestly though atleast I dont have awful taste like CDB

Im not good at writing out my thoughts. I have not just seen parts of the film either I have just seen it in parts.

Camo you always seem like your trying to criticize me

well last night I was just messing around with CDB. Hes really gullible but I still shouldn't have done it.

as for how I come across I would like to stress this isnt a site I use for posting really. I like to consume info but my posts are low effort resulting in a half assed look. I apologize for this and need to learn to not post when its really unneeded.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
This will be very cool to follow. You've been one of my favorite new members to keep film tabs on
Woah, thanks for the compliment. I enjoy your film log as well! Yeah, I will be posting the reviews on my 2018 log!

some garbage but some good. Good luck though, ur a cool dude
Thank your tuning in! Yeah, with 96 films, odds are you will think some of these are garbage, hell, odds are I will think some of these are garbage. Hope I can find a couple of favorites in here though. Any particular one that you really enjoy?

Shame not to see either Ikiru or High And Low somewhere in your list but there'll be other years I'm sure. Enjoy your viewing, plenty of nice experiences to be had in the coming 12 months.
Thank you for tuning in! I'm sure I will end up seeing those at some point in the next year.

well last night I was just messing around with CDB. Hes really gullible but I still shouldn't have done it.
Yeah, you're right; you really did me in there. (I'm sooo gullible.)
three billboards looks like it might be a so bad its good film. Is it?
Why would you think it is?
well Ive heard it sucks and it looks bad so I assumed it was a so bad its good type thing
In what context? Please, elaborate.
Yeah, of course not.

Because a vulgar, violent Martin McDonagh film set in the midwest looks like 'The Room' or a Neil Breen film. Give me a break.
so its a more of a raunchy comedy like The Hangover?
Nope. It's more like 'In Bruges' mixed with 'Fargo', on steroids (with a bit of Southern Flare.)
well those both have so bad there good qualities so maybe I was right in my original observation
Wait, what? In which ways?
Sucking on a lemon drop, I leaned against the chain-link fence and looked at the garden. There was no sign of the cat. There was no sign of anything. The place looked like a still, stagnant pool in which some enormous force had blocked the natural flow - Murakami Haruki
Yeah, that's what I thought.

He then continues onward with the aforementioned Hungarian Song Lyrics, and then some more pretentiousness. I didn't even care by that point, wasn't worth my time. *shrugs*

Thank your tuning in! Yeah, with 96 films, odds are you will think some of these are garbage, hell, odds are I will think some of these are garbage. Hope I can find a couple of favorites in here though. Any particular one that you really enjoy?
Don't even ask. Not worth it.

yeah dude im just being an idiot. Based off your taste I gurantee youll have a new top 10 after this.

ones youll like

Memento (2000) The Princess Bride (1987) Saving Private Ryan (1998) Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986) Sixteen Candles (1984) Labyrinth (1986) Back to the Future (1985) 12 Angry Men (1957) One flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975) Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)

im sorry for bringing this drama into your thread luis. Im an idiot as you can see

Luis don't care; as long as we don't make 3 pages of this nonsense.

You're still an insecure idiot with no identity.

yeah dude im just being an idiot. Based off your taste I gurantee youll have a new top 10 after this.

ones youll like

Memento (2000) The Princess Bride (1987) Saving Private Ryan (1998) Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986) Sixteen Candles (1984) Labyrinth (1986) Back to the Future (1985) 12 Angry Men (1957) One flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975) Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)
Thanks!

im sorry for bringing this drama into your thread luis. Im an idiot as you can see
Don't worry it's all good! Keeping a thread alive is always good no matter how it's done!

Let the night air cool you off
As far as this thread goes, I think you should set aside a week to tackle the Human Condition trilogy. It's dope. I haven't read every post in this thread, so I don't know if some of what I'm going to say has already been mentioned: it's impossible not to neglect certain fields, but you should try to really explore as much as you can. I could never follow a schedule like you plan to do, it would drive me insane. I fly by the seat of my pants, and I think I want to watch the heavy hitters, but then I end up watching some weird, low-budget, British, B-Noir from the early 60's and falling in love with it instead of seeing more Hitchcock, Bergman, Kurosawa, Ozu, or whoever else films. Just to try to throw out a couple of films that I feel like probably haven't been mentioned:

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg is a big one, because it's a beautiful musical that takes a different approach to musicals than typical Hollywood fare. If someone tells me they love musicals, I tell them they need to see this movie. If someone tells me they hate musicals, I tell them they need to see this movie.

I hope horror doesn't get neglected here, because that is too often the case when serious film discussion takes place. The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Halloween are must sees. They are great films and wildly important for the genre. I wouldn't be surprised if you've already seen either of them though.

If you don't mind watching a short film, you should try Un Chien Andalou. I saw it early on during my developing days of becoming a movie nerd, and I think it is probably the reason I enjoy watching weird sh*t.

And try Aguirre, the Wrath of God and Barry Lyndon, maybe the two most beautiful films of the 70's. I don't know if that's true, but if I say something really extravagant, maybe you'll give them a shot.

I don't know if any of this has helped, but I'm excited for you because I know just starting to dig into this huge world of movies is the coolest time. I still love movies, but I wish I could watch a lot of them for the first time again.

That is a great list. I wish that Brazil (my favorite) had made it, but maybe next year.