Comic book adaptions you'd like to see?

Tools    

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
So, if there are any comic book fans here, which superheroes/supervillains would you like to see on the big screen?

I would like to see a Dr. Strange movie, they could explore the realm of alternate universes and black magic, as well as the supernatural elements of the character. After all, Dr Strange is a superior being in the Marvel Universe that ranks pretty high in it.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
It will never get made, but I still wish there could be a Preacher movie. And I think Shia Labeouff could play Arseface. LOL.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

It will never get made, but I still wish there could be a Preacher movie. And I think Shia Labeouff could play Arseface. LOL.
First, no matter who made it or how hard they tried to stay true to the material, it would still end up stupid.

Second, what part of the series would make a decent film? Or even decent couple of films? I just can't figure out what you'd have to cut in order for it to work.

I think Preacher would only work as an HBO tv show like Game of Thrones.

I'd like to see Transmetropolitan made into a trilogy of films. It would be too easy to mirror today's political state in a satirical way with Spider and crew.

I want to see Trinity. It would be a superhero team film that wouldn't need any origin for the heroes, unlike the bloated films leading up to The Avengers. I'm tired of the Avengers already and it hasn't even premiered a real trailer.

I want to see a decent Hellblazer movie, despite not knowing a lot about John Constantine. What little I read of that comic is pretty awesome.

I want to see an up dated Swamp Thing. With Adrienne Barbeau!

Finally, I want my two favorite Graphic novels of all time translated directly to film: The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come. Word for word translations maintaining the tone and story of each.

Is all that really too much to ask?

I have a couple, but let's start here...

Using elements from both the RoboCop and Terminator universes, the comic book series puts its own spin on proceedings by having Skynet send three Terminators back in time to Detroit to protect RoboCop from a lone human soldier sent back to destroy him.
Eventually discovering that the technology used to build him is partly responsible for the future development of Skynet, RoboCop soon sets upon himself to take down Skynet in the post-apocalyptic future single-handedly. Part of the story focuses on his mind, the only part left of him, hiding and moving throughout Skynet's systems, fighting back as best he can.
Robocop's human consciousness (Alex Murphy) waits for decades in hiding deep within Skynet's "consciousness" avoiding detection as the slaughter of humanity takes place. He waits for the opportunity when Skynet's attention will be focused on other matters with the war against the humans for him to make a move. A human assault allows Murphy to create a Terminator body that resembles his old form. He makes his escape and is nearly destroyed by human resistance fighters. He identifies himself as an ally and after gaining their confidence begins to plot to destroy Skynet with them.
As the planning continues, the humans devise a last effort plan to assault the central location where Skynet is being housed. They realize that they do not have the manpower to complete their assault. One of the humans asks Robocop how he was able to build his body. Upon explaining how he accomplished this the human asks him why he couldn't do the same thing many times over. The group begins their assault on the Skynet compound and it is evident that they will not succeed when a buzzing can be heard from behind them. A mass of Robocops, with the flying attachment that was seen in Robocop 3, darken the sky, their numbers are so great. They descend upon the battle and turn the tide. While the battle rages outside the facility, the original Robocop and several resistance fighters sneak into the facility and send Robocop, surrounded in a blob of the human flesh that covers the terminators, back to the past before the appearance of the original terminators.
Upon the appearance of the strange blob in the present, the people are confused and then terrified as the metal Robocop tears forth from the mass of flesh and immediately blasts off into space. He finds the earliest incarnation of Skynet, which in this story began with a spy satellite, and destroys it. Upon the explosion of the satellite, he immediately disappears, as the caption explains that this version of Robocop would never be.
The story ends with the Robocop of modern times continuing to serve the public trust.

I would love to see a big screen adaptation of Bone or my favorite Spider-Man story of all time, The Death of Gwen Stacy. But with any luck, we'll be getting that in future sequels to The Amazing Spider-Man reboot next summer.

@bouncingbrick

+1 for The Dark Knight Returns. DC is, however, turning it into a two-part animated movie sometime soon, and I can't wait for the animated Batman: Year One movie that comes out in October.

I would love to see a big screen adaptation of Bone or my favorite Spider-Man story of all time, The Death of Gwen Stacy. But with any luck, we'll be getting that in future sequels to The Amazing Spider-Man reboot next summer.

@bouncingbrick

+1 for The Dark Knight Returns. DC is, however, turning it into a two-part animated movie sometime soon, and I can't wait for the animated Batman: Year One movie that comes out in October.
I knew about Year One but did not know about TDKR! Awesome!

I would like to see Aquaman be featured in a super hero film.
If Aquaman gets made into a film, I wanna see James Cameron directing and Adrian Grenier starring in it.

Semper Fooey
Aquaman sucks. Submariner much better. He is sometimes bad and sometimes good. A movie about him trying to invade New York like in the forties comic book due to a slight misunderstanding would be way cool.

I knew about Year One but did not know about TDKR! Awesome!
Yup they announced it at SDCC. It's coming after Justice League: Doom and Superman Versus The Elite. Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are rumored to be involved. It's gonna be epic

Who's the bear -- shoots through the air, like a streak of red?
Superted, Superted!

If trouble brews, I'll tell you who's, a step or two ahead,
Superted, Superted!

A scarlet suit, a flowing cape.
A secret word, a magic change.
But when his cape is spread, he's Superted, Superted, Superted!

A special bear, he's always there, before the crooks have fled,
Superted, Superted!

You won't have heard his magic word, but when that word is said,
He's Superted, Superted!

While you're asleep, he's there to keep, you safe and sound in bed,
Superted, Superted, Superted, Superted!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Team America. Aww yeah.

We've gone on holiday by mistake

Bananaman anyone?

I am the Watcher in the Night
Dennis the Menace...

No I kid.

I agree with Square Eyes, I loved the original movie and it's what got me reading the comics, which is when I realised how inferior the movie was. A superior budget and better special effects could help Spawn move into 21st century cinema and with Hollywood now taking comics far more seriously and not just playing them for laughs, we could have a great franchise on our hands.

In terms of comics and comic book characters which have never made it onto the big screen, I'd like to see the following:

Apollo and The Midnighter, not my favourite comic book characters but I'd love to see how Hollywood would deal with two openly gay super heroes in the world of big budget action extravaganzas which are extremely macho. Could this survive in the world of The Avengers and The Dark Knight?

Dan Dare (I think British) could be a great sci-fi romp, maybe going back to the days of more campy comic book material, the likes of Batman and Flash Gordon. I especially love the villain Mekon, a pure work of literary genius. I think this would be the antithesis to more serious comic book fare which seems to be filling our screens.

How about an Astro City movie? One of the deepest and most emotional rich stories ever put on page. This isn't a typical comic book/graphic novel but something deeper. It has more in common with Watchmen and asks how the world would react if superheroes and villains were all around us.

Wonder Woman is the only member of the DC Trinity that has not been given a movie yet. Then again I want it done right, as solo super heroine movies SUCK! See Catwoman, Supergirl, and Elektra.

I am also still waiting for a hard R Deadpool movie.