Music Artists That Inspire You?

Tools    

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
Are there any music artists that you look up to and in a sense changed you or have had an impact on you? Alot of people I know seem to look up to Lady GaGa because she's not afraid to be different, but with her get-up at the VMAs it makes me think otherwise of her, I mean dressing up as a male and pulling a Price/Billy Joel look makes me think she was on mind-altering substances. Any ways, sorry for my bantering on Gaga. I look up to Weird Al, because he shows that it's ok to be stupid and the fact that he's still in good health, making music and he's lasted through out the 70's and is still in good shape today for his age. Hope he makes it through another year even though he thinks the world might end!

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Maybe this post should be elsewhere, but this thread triggered a trip down nostalgia lane.

Louis Armstrong
Nat King Cole
Chuck Berry
Bob Dylan
Beatles
Jimi Hendrix
Steely Dan
Roxy Music
Happy the Man
Shoes
Wire
Elvis Costello & the Attractions
Ramones/Undertones
Feelies
R.E.M.
Smiths
Yo La Tengo
PJ Harvey
Grant Lee Buffalo
Radiohead
Björk
Soundtrack of Our Lives
eels

Honestly, these few, and so many more, have inspired me and can still continue to inspire me. I was a musicaholic even before I was a filmaholic, so these things inspired me over my life from age eight to fifty-five.

Is white trash beautiful
I grew up musically in the 90's so its only natural that Nirvana and Kurt Cobain were very inspiring to me.

Foetus' nonsensical puns, obscure references and thefts, and ironic meanness was an inspiration to me from age 14 or so on. For better or (sometimes) worse, I think.

that's what she said...
So I have a few Artist to list because they all inspire me in different ways.

ENYA

Enya inspires me when I'm cleaning to continue untill its all finnished. Like, to not do a half-arse job. It's probably because her songs are beautiful and almost put me in a transe and I make whatever I'm working on perfect like her songs.

Alanis Morissette

Alanis inspires me when things in life get tough. Her songs are so easy to relate to and when I feel like I'm going through something and am all alone, listening to her makes me feel better because she's been through it and you know... she shows me the light at the end of the tunnel. I always feel in a better mood after listening to her.

Then of course when I need some inspiring to dance I listen to the BEACH BOYS!

Music is my air. Could NOT live without it. My number 1 inspiration and love is Katy Perry. She's everything. Sexy and not afraid to act a fool.

No other music group has made such timeless, universal, ethereal, mystifying, transcendental, spiritual music for the world.

Dead Can Dance

Others:
Frontline Assembly
Cocteau Twins
Tool
The Prodigy
Sigur Ros
Judas Priest