The MoFo Top 100 of the 1940's

→ in
Tools    

Shanghai was hanging onto my bottom three for quite a while. Solid flick.
It just missed out on mine too. It was a bit of a mess and Welles accent was woeful. The ending was amazing though and i liked alot of the rest of it.

I also like film noir, I don't have any problem with it, what I'm saying is that for this list I went on IMDB to see for each year of the 40's what are the films with the highest scores that I haven't seen and I made a list of films to watch and most of them were Noirs.

Also, I had to rewatch films like The Maltese Falcon, Double Indemnity, The Big Sleep, Out of the Past, etc. because I didn't really remember them, so I'd say the decade is quite noir heavy (or at least regarding films that are highly rated on IMDB)

Difficult list, I need to see more '40's flicks.
You only got 3 days left until the deadline, better get watching

Seriously, even a partial list is good and I bet you've seen enough to make a list.

You only got 3 days left until the deadline, better get watching

Seriously, even a partial list is good and I bet you've seen enough to make a list.
I just submitted my list, but as I was going through research I saw there were many I need to check out.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Sent my list in! It's a peculiar mix of American and Japanese cinema with some British, Italian, French and Danish movies to make it more diverse!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Judging from my RYM statistics 1940s is my most underwatched decade only second to 1910s and before. Movies I have seen from the 40s make a total of 3.64% of all films I have ever seen, with 4.11% for the 30s, 6.17% for the 50s and 4.32% for the 20s. Both 60s and 70s are tied with 13.1% that translates into 690 movies. That's more than the 80s and 90s, but the true winner are the 2000s with rocking 16.0% which means 842 films watched. Crawling under - the 2010s - 7.41% - the decade not yet finished, but already outrunning 1950s and everything before. Surprising stats, given how many old films I watch. The crushing hegemony of the 2000s can be explained with many mainstream weekend movies I watched as a kid when I still wasn't a movie buff. Hell, all these stats. I feel like @Guaporense.

I have a question. Why can't we just list our lists here anyway? What would it do? Not that I want to, just out of curiosity. It would somehow influence someone's watch list or what?

I have a question. Why can't we just list our lists here anyway? What would it do? Not that I want to, just out of curiosity. It would somehow influence someone's watch list or what?
It's to keep everything a surprise. If a movie shows up on the Countdown you can say where you had it and at the end you can reveal your list.

I think people like the thrill of the countdown and not knowing whether or not their favourites will make it.
It's to keep everything a surprise. If a movie shows up on the Countdown you can say where you had it and at the end you can reveal your list.
Ah, silly me. Thanks guys.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I had quite a few movies that I considered. In the end, I ended up with a short list of 35. I will say that I think all 35 could easily deserve a spot on this countdown. I spent some time going over my potential films, but I just had to finally make up my mind and cut those 10 out. It was hard. And I am regretting one of those movies already. I knew that would happen because I have regretted something with each one of the countdowns that I have participated in.

So, yes, as it was previously mentioned, Mr Minio's list, Nope's list and 7thson's list are in. Along with those 3 I have also received a list from I_Wear_Pants. That now takes us up to 36 lists.

I don't know why, but I want to hit 45 lists. Of course, I would settle with 40 (although, 50 would be better ) But I like the idea of getting 45. There are some people who said they would send a list, and so I will contact them to see if they are still interested. If so, we would be able to reach that number.

@SilentVamp

Question about the deadline:

-The deadline for all lists will be Sunday, September 3rd
Does that mean people have to get the list in before Sunday or by the end of Sunday?