Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Lobster (2015)

I normally don't like fantastical themes in movies, but this movie plays it so straight that it didn't bother me. I will probably watch it again because I really want to love it. I very much appreciate it's originality and uniqueness, and it has a lot of brilliant WTF moments. The problem for me was that it often felt lifeless and dull. That was part of the plan I'm sure, but it wore on me as the movie went on.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Kinky pic! Didn't mean to watch it, but now I feel like doing it!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Lobster bored me to death. I wanted to like it at first, but just couldn't get it, and didn't care much to half way through.

I give it
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I watched back-to-back erotic thrillers starring the erotic thriller king Michael Douglas. I will still need to watch Disclosure now to complete his erotic thriller trilogy.

FATAL ATTRACTION
(1987)

Classic tale of a married man who has an affair on his wife with a sociopath, who gives him and his family hell.

Glenn Close as the sociopath is terrific. She deserved the Oscar for her performance here that year instead of the overrated (acting-wise) Cher for the forgettable Moonstruck.

BASIC INSTINCT
(1992)

I was surprised to see that the movie was met with mixed reviews at the time of its release, with its current Rotten Tomatoes rating at a depressing 54%. Well, that makes it an underrated film. It's, in fact, a very captivating erotic thriller about a detective who gets lured into a web of sex and murder by a cool, sexy, but very dangerous author who might or might not have killed her former lover with an ice pick.

Sharon Stone became an overnight sensation after the release of this movie. Her performance as the femme fatale is superb, and this movie set a new standard for the entire genre.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Straight Time - 7/10

A few on here liked it, and it was always a movie in case I couldn't find enough movies to rent, but forgot about it. Thanks!

, enjoyed it for the most part, Peter Stormare and Andy Powers were awesome, but the lead girl was flat and the overall plot wasn't breaking any new ground, really. Still a fun time if you're in the mood for a good horror flick.

Vokzyl for popcorn you just put [rating] which ever number you want like 4 or 4.5 [/rating*] remove the *

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
cricket's choice for me, in The MoFo Chain Challenge thread...

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=46690...

Thanks cricket, I finally had a chance to watch this horror/comedy. Normally, I try to stay away from both those genres, hence the three decade delay in watching.

An American Werewolf in London (1981)
+

Charming cinematic creation. Half the humor seems to be of a Jewish and self-deprecating variety, at least that's how I picked up on it. The nurse is a babe. The werewolf transformation scenes are awesome. With all the Disney memorabilia, makes me wonder whether this was a closet Disney production or a European jab in Walt's direction. Make-up and gore were all very nicely done.

Vokzyl for popcorn you just put [rating] which ever number you want like 4 or 4.5 [/rating*] remove the *

thanks a bunch

Genre: Drama
NETFLIX
A 16 year old girl meets an older man online and starts an affair with him,while she falls head over heels for him she quickly learns that he doesnt have the same intentions. Her feelings starts crossing over to an unhealthy obsession involving both eating disorders and self harm.

The movie is based on the autobiography of Cielo Latini by the same name.
The main character makes a lot of stupid decision,like most teen girls do,shes rude and at most time unlikeable however the actress makes sure you still have some understanding of what shes going through and why shes acting like she is. all in all a so-so movie with a great cast and even better lead actress.

Don't Breathe (2016) - Fede Alvarez

- Very nice watch for me. Stephen Lang was badass and he put a great performance as The Blind Guy. The storyline is quite simple but very effective and some scenes gave me chills. Sound score and soundtracks are amazing and the direction is brilliant. The ending is cool and maybe a sequel? If Stephen Lang return I'm all in for it.
-

Hope/So-Won
Genre: Drama
Language: Korean
NETFLIX

Its an ordinary day,pouring with rain,8 year old so-won (Hope) convinces her pregnant mother to let her walk alone to school. On her way shes stopped by an old drunk man.At work her father gets a phonecall to come to the hospital as fast as possible; his daughter has been beaten up and brutally raped by the old man.

The movie follows So-Won,her mum and dad from the morning it happened and every day after,showing the impact such a tragedy has on the whole family.
This is probably the very first "serious" asian movie ive ever seen that tackles such a dark issue,that keeps it all completely down to earth and realistic.
The cast is amazing,especially the father and daughter,incredibly heartbreaking movie.

I have to return some videotapes...
Sing Street (2016) -

Brilliant film with incredible heart and catchy songs. In the running for my favorite film of the year right now.

White Girl (2016) -

Takes a little too much inspiration from Kids and ultimately just feels a little bland in it's writing and storyline.

SULLY
(2016)

An effective, very well-made, and straight-to-the-point drama about US Airways Flight 1549 that made a miracle landing on the Hudson River, dubbed Miracle on the Hudson by the media, after encountering a flock of birds and losing both engines upon takeoff in 2009. The movie is directed by Clint Eastwood and stars the always incredible Tom Hanks as Captain Chesley Sullenberger (a.k.a. Captain Sully).