Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Maleficent

Fantastic, very surprised, I was cynical going into this ... a re-imagining of a fairy tale/Disney story, hmm... but I loved it, Jolie was made for this role

4/5

Demolition (2015)

I liked this movie but I thought it could have been something special. For a while it seemed rather insightful in regards to deep human emotion, but it just didn't quite get there. I think maybe the two main characters were a little too crazy, resulting in some laughs. Instead, they should have just been tormented souls.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Diana (O. Hirschbiegel, 2013)

I just can't believe that this was made by the same man who did Der Untergang and Das Experiment.
The story and character of Lady Di are impressive by themselves and make half the movie. However, she deserved something more than a cliched biopic with one dimensional characters and horrible dialogue!
To think that Hitler got a better movie...

-------------------------

Lost in Translation (S. Coppola, 2003)

First of all: I love you Scarlett, please marry me!!!
Now that's out of the way, I love how relatable and real this movie feels! Loneliness is a hell of thing and only a few movies can portray it so well as this movie does. The language barrier is a great touch but somehow I feel this movie wouldn't be much different if it was in America, especially thanks to two amazing perfomances and a great cinematography!
The chemistry between Murray and Scarlett is amazing and all their scenes together are the best scenes of the entire film!
I didn't like most soundtrack but it didn't stop me from enjoying this!

+

Mistress America (2015)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

(COUNTLESS REWATCH) The Bridge Over the River Kwai (1957)
Of all the movie characters I have seen and loved, this is the most iconic for me for the great Sir Alec Guinness.

Diana (O. Hirschbiegel, 2013)

I just can't believe that this was made by the same man who did Der Untergang and Das Experiment.
The story and character of Lady Di are impressive by themselves and make half the movie. However, she deserved something more than a cliched biopic with one dimensional characters and horrible dialogue!
To think that Hitler got a better movie...

You were kind in your score compared to me! That movie blew

My review: Diana (2013)

I have to return some videotapes...
Hell or High Water (2016) -
++

One of the best films of the year, probably my favorite. Reminiscent of No Country and the first half of Place Beyond the Pines, brilliant performances and the best script of the year.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Wise Blood - 7/10

Second viewing. I review every single film. I'm very curious to see what I wrote, but might check it out some other time. I saw this earlier, though I met up with someone who was late, which is why I put the movie in the first place, since I saw it before. I finished the ending, and I might put it on again in the background, which I never do.

Very intriguing, but odd. I wish there was more script of course.

The Conjuring 2 (2016)

This will need a rewatch, but from where I'm standing, this sequel to the 2013 modern classic is a better movie. Not neccessarily more entertaining or fun, but what Wan has created here is something more profound, professional and persistent. The movie is longer, more dramatic and more elaborate. It feels like a real movie, even when Wan wants to show off a little too much or when the characters and story suddenly comes to a dead end and you realizes this definitely isn't Oscar worthy drama. Yet this might be the closets Wan has come to a complete and genuine film. In no way do I compare in quality, but this did the same as The Dark Knight did as a sequel to Begins. It turned itself down, took its time and made itself a proper crime drama instead of a blockbuster superhero movie.

The Conjuring 2 is not a blockbuster scare, but a movie that demands your attention and wants something more than a scream from you. Whether it suceeds really well or not is up to the individual but you have to admire what Wan seems to want with this one. And like Nolan in the action-drama department, I can't see no other than Wan in horror get the go-ahead to make an R-rated horror film leaning towards drama and lasting more than 2 hours... The reason why this will need a rewatch is because I wasn't quite expecting this to play out the way it did. A lot of things seemed tighter and better executed, while some of that old fun and scary charm was missing in the sequel. But a worthy one at that it definitely was, in my opinion.

-

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

This is the best movie that I have seen this year. The dialogue, the actors, the tension, emotion don't miss a beat. I am glad to finally have a well-rounded little gem in my pocket from a weak year and may even go for a re-watch (that's Guardians and T2 territory ). Highly quotable.

" I got you Mr. Pibb. I wanted a Dr. Pepper, only ***holes drink Mr. Pibb. Drink up."

So as to not sound like a complete schoolgirl... Chris Pine is good and works well, but he is just too pretty. When you juxtapose him with Ben Foster, it really stands out. Jeff Bridges sheriff is maybe a racist or just being a bro that takes it too far. It was hard for me to figure out, but maybe that's a good thing.

Ben Foster is great. Him and his machine gun created a (kinda unbelievable) why I go to movies moment.

I noticed that the rangers' truck had the headrests mounted backwards because of their cowboy hats. Don't know if this is a real life fix or movie engineering.

The Conjuring 2 (2016)

-
wut, for real? Having just watched it myself, can safely say it's one of the most stupid horrors to come in recent years + that crooked man was the icing on the cake, lol.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
wut, for real? Having just watched it myself, can safely say it's one of the most stupid horrors to come in recent years + that crooked man was the icing on the cake, lol.
Conjuring 2 is very overrated.

Demolition (2015)

I liked this movie but I thought it could have been something special. For a while it seemed rather insightful in regards to deep human emotion, but it just didn't quite get there. I think maybe the two main characters were a little too crazy, resulting in some laughs. Instead, they should have just been tormented souls.
I thought the same, it was all a bit weird how it all played out in the end and Gyllenhaal seemed a bit too one dimensional considering what just happened regards of his feelings towards his wife.