Miller's Crossing (1990)

The Limits of Control (2009)

Under the Skin (2013)

Two Wrongs (2015)

Zoolander 2 (2016)

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising (2016)

Scarlet Street (1945)

-

My wife and I both loved this. She wasn't even going to watch it, but she thought it looked good in the first few minutes when she was doing whatever. The majority of the movie had us laughing quite a bit with it's dark humor. The ending then takes a dark and haunting turn. Edward G. Robinson plays a naive sad sack going through a mid-life crisis, Dan Duryea is a hilarious sleazeball, and Joan Bennett is the dame you know is no good from the get go. It's directed by Fritz Lang, is on the top 100 noirs list, and is a nomination in the current Noir Hall of Fame. I thought it was very entertaining and memorable, and I added it to my early list of contenders for the eventual 40's countdown.

BAD MOMS
(2016)

So many comedies coming out today are more misses than they are hits. Surprisingly, this movie has turned out to be the funniest movie of 2016 so far. Mila Kunis, Kathryn Hahn, and Kristen Bell are hilarious.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Watched a few since I last posted.

Carol (2015)

Supernova (2000)

White Settlers (2014)

Tomorrowland

10 Cloverfield Lane

Halo: Fall of Reach

Galaxy of Terror

A Tale of Two Sisters

High-rise

Over the Top

The Witch (2015)

Badlands

Legend (2015)

The Hateful Eight

Maniac (1980) -
+

I watched this a few years ago for Halloween and enjoyed it a lot.

WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
Holy moses did that shot gun blast stun me. Supposedly, it freaked Siskel out so badly that he ran out the theater during his screening.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

The Pirates (Korean)
++ Great lil mixture of serious adventure and comedic scenarios.

(REWATCH) 13 Assassins (Japanese)
+++ I just love this movie more and more each time I see it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Jaws -

Still a fun blockbuster that shows the talent that Spielberg would become. People take his films for granted now.

Suspect's Reviews

Rushmore -

One of the most overrated films of all-time.

No Country For Old Men -

One of the most overrated films of the decade.

Welcome to the human race...
Oof, Rushmore is definitely overrated, but zero out of five seems excessively harsh.

Also...

Rabbit-Proof Fence -

Rushmore -

No Country For Old Men -

Well i can get behind your No Country rating at least.

Rushmore -

No Country For Old Men -

Lol who is this newbie?

You come on here with barely no posts yet and not any favorites in your profile and you just hate on every single good movie. I have to laugh.

One day you'll (hopefully) understand how wrong you were back then.

Is that Conor McPherson's The Eclipse? I really like that movie. 7/10 isn't too bad, but I'd be interested in reading your thoughts on it.

Kubo and the Two Strings
(I'd give it more if I could)
I wanna see this SO bad and you are NOT helping.

But really though, I hate how this movie is not set up with the original language in our theaters here. Either I miss out on it on the big screen or either I'll have to wait until BD release and watch it at home on a smaller screen but with original audio.