President Trump

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Protests - it's amazing that the Left / PC camp, which claims to abhor violence, can't ever seem to conduct protests without them turning violent (over 90 anti-Trump protesters arrested in NYC so far for violence, assaults and vandalism).

This is definitely not the kind of protest that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. talked about (but then he was a Christian & civil rights activist, not a politically correct Leftist).

Scarlett Johansson took the podium on Saturday during the Women’s March in Washington, D.C. to advocate for Planned Parenthood and address Donald Trump himself.

“President Trump, I did not vote for you. That said, I respect that you are our President-elect and I want to be able to support you,” she said. “First, I ask that you support me, support my sister, support my mother, support my best friend and all of our girlfriends, support the men and women here today that are anxiously awaiting to see how your next moves may drastically affect their lives.”

“Support my daughter,” she continued, “who may actually — as a result of the appointments you have made — grow up in a country that is moving backwards, not forwards, and who potentially may not have the right to make choices for her body and her future that your daughter, Ivanka, has been privileged to have.”

Watch a clip below, via NBC News.

The Avengers and Ghost in the Shell action star then shared how Planned Parenthood helped her and saved the lives of her friends through cancer screenings and treatments.

http://ew.com/news/2017/01/21/womens...ansson-speech/

^^ are you talking about abortion?

also them using pictures from Obamas inauguration as the twitter header because noone came to his

^^ are you talking about abortion?

also them using pictures from Obamas inauguration as the twitter header because noone came to his
No, I'm talking about condoms.

I'm not really connecting with the purpose of today's protest. Against which specific potential policy change are they protesting with their pink pussy hats?

I understand protests that are against specific new policies, but I have a hard time seeing the point of this kind of protests. Some of these women actually seem to think that they're going to be discriminated in the future like black people were in the past. There's absolutely nothing that points in that direction, though. I don't get it.

Protest against actual dangerous policy proposals, because that's what ultimately really counts. This chaotic movement that mainly seems to be focused at Trump's persona will not lead to anything meaningful or constructive, in my opinion.

Use specific arguments to combat Trump, not vague symbolism.

Use specific arguments to combat Trump, not vague symbolism.
You'd think. Problem is people dont respond anymore to specific arguments, policies, or the truth being revealed. If it were he wouldnt have gotten elected. Its a different time now, and the educated within the USA need to wake up to that fact.

What would we respond to now? Someone more legit, I hate to say this, and more "cool" too.

If the Democrats come at him in 2020 with the facts, policies, and arguments....with a candidate thats boring & sound, Trump will win again.

You'd think. Problem is people dont respond anymore to specific arguments, policies, or the truth being revealed. If it were he wouldnt have gotten elected. Its a different time now, and the educated within the USA need to wake up to that fact.
Wrong. That's the worst lesson to take away from this election!

Hillary simply did a horrible job of arguing for her policies and she wasn't a believable person in the first place anyway. She didn't lose because she's not able to put up a show like Trump can. She lost because she was a terrible communicator for her ideas. She constantly played the "feelings" card with her "first woman president"-slogans and her main focus on character attacks, instead of rationally and clearly explaining why her policies were better for America.

One of the main reasons why Trump won was because he was able to bring all his opponents to his level and we all saw that he was better at playing that game.

People will be craving for a serious policy-minded person after four years of Trump (if he messes it up). If Trump's opponents keep acting in the way they are doing now, though, I am pretty sure that they won't benefit from it. Even I am instinctively getting appalled by them at times.

Don't engage in a war of feelings. Engage in a war of rational arguments. Don't lower the standard, but elevate it!

Wrong. That's the worst lesson to take away from this election!

Hillary simply did a horrible job of arguing for her policies and she wasn't a believable person in the first place anyway. She didn't lose because she's not able to put up a show like Trump can. She lost because she was a terrible communicator for her ideas. She constantly played the "feelings" card with her "first woman president"-slogans and her main focus on character attacks, instead of rationally and clearly explaining why her policies were better for America.

One of the main reasons why Trump won was because he was able to bring all his opponents to his level and we all saw that he was better at playing that game.

People will be craving for a serious policy-minded person after four years of Trump (if he messes it up). If Trump's opponents keep acting in the way they are doing now, though, I am pretty sure that they won't benefit from it. Even I am instinctively getting appalled by them at times.

Don't engage in a war of feelings. Engage in a war of rational arguments. Don't lower the standard, but elevate it!

Your thinking is completely right. I agree with it, but am disillusioned that most Americans are even capable of being intelligently objective now. Yeah I think Bernie would have beaten Trump with the same election strategy you mapped out, but Hillary just was not approachable or familiar to voters, like Trump even or Bernie.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If somebody elevates "it", Trump calls them a liar in a tweet. And nobody lies more and "better" than Trump and his surrogates. To paraphrase one of those surrogates, fear of Trump is rational.

A most dreadful inaugural address: George Will

WASHINGTON -- Twenty minutes into his presidency, Donald Trump, who is always claiming to have made, or to be about to make, astonishing history, had done so. Living down to expectations, he had delivered the most dreadful inaugural address in history.

Kellyanne Conway, Trump's White House counselor, had promised that the speech would be "elegant." This is not the adjective that came to mind as he described "American carnage." That was a phrase the likes of which has never hitherto been spoken at an inauguration.

Oblivious to the moment and the setting, the always remarkable Trump proved that something dystopian can be strangely exhilarating: In what should have been a civic liturgy serving national unity and confidence, he vindicated his severest critics by serving up re-heated campaign rhetoric about "rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape" and an education system producing students "deprived of all knowledge." Yes, all.

In what should have been a civic liturgy serving national unity and confidence, he vindicated his severest critics by serving up re-heated campaign rhetoric.

But cheer up, because the carnage will vanish if we "follow two simple rules: Buy American and hire American." "Simple" is the right word.

Because in 1981 the inauguration ceremony for a cheerful man from the American West was moved from the Capitol's East Portico to its West Front, Trump stood facing west, down the Mall with its stately monuments celebrating some of those who made America great -- Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln. Looking out toward where the fields of the republic roll on, Trump, a Gatsby-for-our-time, said: "What truly matters is not which party controls our government but whether our government is controlled by the people." Well.

"A dependence on the people," James Madison wrote, "is, no doubt, the primary control on the government; but experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions." He meant the checks and balances of our constitutional architecture. They are necessary because, as Madison anticipated and as the nation was reminded on Friday, "Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm."

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/in...ural_addr.html

If somebody elevates "it", Trump calls them a liar in a tweet. And nobody lies more and "better" than Trump and his surrogates. To paraphrase one of those surrogates, fear of Trump is rational.
Most of the people he responded heavily to didn't challenge him on policies.

Meryl Streep
Megyn Kelly
Pope Francis
Mitt Romney
Hillary Clinton
Glenn Beck
Almost every other high-profile person he attacked on Twitter...

They all mainly attacked his persona, instead of strongly and rationally explaining why (some of) Trump's ideas are not in the best interest of America. They attacked the man instead of the policies.

Trump is the president of the United States now. Not a single character attack will change that. Why not simply combat the bad policies he's implementing from this moment on instead of insisting on talking about his persona? He won't be able to use personal attacks as an answer to widely accepted and logically explained arguments against his policies. People will see through that, including a large part of the people who voted for him in this election!
I'm strongly convinced that this is the rhetoric that should be used.

George Will is correct that it was a dreadful inauguration speech, but as a side note that was a dreadfully written article. Is that how George Will always writes, like he's fighting off the effects of anesthesia?