Skyscraper - Dwayne Johnson

Tools    

Coming out next week, The Rock is playing a former FBI agent who now works security in the "tallest and safest" building in Hong Kong.

Terrorists attack, and he has to rescue his wife, who is in the building.

Die Hard anyone?

Also, here's the poster...

I would rather watch Diescraper 2: Sky Hard than either of those movies.

Anyway. You gonna see it Rodent? I might. I enjoy The Rock. Not expecting much but hope it's fun.

Nah not gonna bother with it tbh.
Rock has been cashing it in for a while now.

Jumanji remake/sequel, plus a sequel to that too
Baywatch remake
Now a Die Hard remake packaged under a different name.

He's become a bit of a laughing stock to me now.

Interesting. I've developed quite an appreciation for him. I agree he picks crap to be in but his cinematic presence always makes it worth it for me.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Jesus that poster compared to die hard! A mix of the towering inferno and die hard with over the top action and paper thin characters.

2/5 and I haven’t seen it yet lol.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Lmao @the posters just as the trailer ran on tv. I will see this for a popcorn rainy friday for sure.

I hope this bombs so The Rock stops showing up everywhere.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Lol. Whats with the sour 🍒?

Plenty of other people involved, not just one.

Nah not gonna bother with it tbh.
Rock has been cashing it in for a while now.

Jumanji remake/sequel, plus a sequel to that too
Baywatch remake
Now a Die Hard remake packaged under a different name.

He's become a bit of a laughing stock to me now.
dwayne johnson did some good movies.

Well it underperformed, but still made more money than I would have liked it too haha

Stunning! Skyscraper was inconceivably to a great degree energizing and awesome! Extraordinary compared to other activity motion pictures of 2018! furthermore, one of Dwayne Johnson's best motion pictures! He was extremely incredible and phenomenal! Completely he's one of most prominent activity performing artists on the planet! He did as such numerous awesome exhibitions and he looked great! Neve Campbell played his significant other and first I thought miscast. All things considered they were incredible together and she did awesome execution as well! It resembled Towering Inferno meets Die Hard.

The question isn't is Skyscraper better than Die Hard but is it better than Die Hard 4-5-6-7-8-8 etc.

Die Hard is a concept that should be ripped off, because it's a great concept. I'd like a Die Hard rip off every year....

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Please don't get mad at me when I get offers for $22 mil a project, plus back-end. I won't say no either and the ability to establish that generational wealth.

Got the chance to see this, was on telly the other night.

Die Hard, meets Towering Inferno, meets Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol, meets Enter The Dragon with the mirrors scene, meets Blast (remember that Linden Ashby movie?)...

Yeah, not good.
For a musclebound action star who's been in the biz for 20 years now... Johnson really needs to find his Terminator/Rocky/Rambo/McClane instead of consistently churning out rip-off wannabe fluff.
He deserves better.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
If they are going to do another Die Hard rip off, they should do it in the Pentagon. A flat building, where you have to do a lot of running around in.

Coming out next week, The Rock is playing a former FBI agent who now works security in the "tallest and safest" building in Hong Kong.

Terrorists attack, and he has to rescue his wife, who is in the building.

Die Hard anyone?

Also, here's the poster...

i didnt like the movie much, loved neve campbell on scream movie trilogy and im glad shes back on scream 5 but dont know how it will go when wes craven died long time ago

Welcome to the human race...
For a musclebound action star who's been in the biz for 20 years now... Johnson really needs to find his Terminator/Rocky/Rambo/McClane instead of consistently churning out rip-off wannabe fluff.
He deserves better.
Never gonna happen. The key thing about those examples you cite is that they all come in the early stages of their respective stars' careers and effectively made them famous whereas Johnson was already famous for being The Rock so he never had a chance to make the same first impression as the others. It also says a lot that the closest he has to genuinely iconic roles are the Scorpion King and Luke Hobbs, both of which were antagonists (and secondary antagonists at that) who were introduced in their respective franchises' sequels - even giving them spin-offs did nothing to help matters.