Things that annoy you...

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Originally Posted by Stirchley
Be glad you have such beautiful birds coming to your yard. Wildlife more important than a lawn IMO.
Not when I have just laid new lawn. Not when they rip into your just ripened mandarines. You have not heard the sound 20 of these birds make. It is serious noise pollution. Now these tiny quiet creatures (below) are welcome on my property any time. And do. Every spring they come and sample our bottlebrush flowers until those bully cockies scare them away.

Im not sure what aves youre trying to encourage into your garden but rosellas are certainly not tiny or quiet. Breeding season the kids scream their heads off. Cheeky buggers.

You live in a wildlife corridor, matey. Either enjoy the fact, buy earphones or move. Better screaming parrots than screaming spouses and drunken rowdy backpackers, right? How long have you lived there?

The sound of the small Rosella is pleasant unlike the Cockies raucous cocophony matey! I have lived in our quiet cul-de-sac for almost 25 years. The only noise that disturbs that peace are the cockatoos.

Another of my pet hates is the neibor's dripping down pipe. That drives me to distraction on wet days.

Funnily enough the last time we had this discussion about cockies was just before mmy eldest bbro called. A pack of them flew over just as i picked up. He asked if it was a plane about to land. I said No, the resident cockatoos. He said well tell them to Shut T F UP!!! Lol. I llove my bros..

I get you. Its ear pearcing. Much like the blabck sulphur crested, but theyre just so beautiful!

The only noise that disturbs that peace are the cockatoos.
I don’t suppose the cockatoos like you either.

Having to listen to other people's radios outside (when I'm outside and having to listen to them when I'm inside).
I just realized the quietude of nature was suddenly interrupted as the neighbor's poolside radio just went on (it will stay on from now until early Monday morning).
And to make it worse - it's COMMERCIAL radio - so 7 minutes of commercials to every 2 minute bit of music. And on the weekend they put the sports station on for sports commentary & commercials: basically torture to someone like me!

What is that supposed to mean Stirch? If you stood near 30 of these birds in full voice you would soon change your tune. @Dani8 now agrees with me after some persuading.

COMMERCIAL radio - or commercial televison Capt.. where you are bombarded with three sets of adds in a 30 min show. Another huge pet hate of mine.

What is that supposed to mean Stirch? If you stood near 30 of these birds in full voice you would soon change your tune. @Dani8 now agrees with me after some persuading.
I love cockatoos, matey. No where have i said i would shoot them with anything other than a camera or disuade them from my yard, mandarins or not. Sorry.

@Dani8 you said yesterday that "yes they were ear piercing". That was my arguement. If i did say i would shoot them.. it was only a figure of speech . I love all our native birds. Cockies tho a little less than the others. Do not like being called matey.

[quote=spookiemoviemania;1923565]
What is that supposed to mean Stirch? If you stood near 30 of these birds in full voice you would soon change your tune. @Dani8 now agrees with me after some persuading.[/QUOTE

I love cockatoos so i dont see what persuasian youre talking about. Please dont put words in my mouth.

I love cockatoos, matey. No where have i said i would shoot them with anything other than a camera or disuade them from my yard, mandarins or not. Sorry.
Never at any time have I accused you of saying you would shoot our wonderful natives. Never!

@Dani8 can we please change the subject. This one is exhausted.

Some interesting stuff coming out of the cave rescue saga. Hollywood is circling. Also read that only minutes after the last boy was rescued a major water pumping hose split . Speculation is that had it broke 10 even five mins earlier as many as 100 people could have been been drowned.

No kidding, mGsy. Done.