The MoFo Top 100 Films Directed By Women Countdown: Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
A lot of jokes being thrown around, they are funny, but will probably delay the posting. Things like this are hard to get organized and life gets in the way. I'm known for starting a lot of threads that I never finish: One A Day, Netflix Experiment, King, etc. So I know how one can get distracted and forget about things when the enthusiasm might not be there.

Suspect's Reviews

Generally speaking, I'd say that's^^a crock. When a person starts something, and others invest their time, that person owes it to those people to follow through. Life gets in the way doesn't fly unless it's a life altering emergency. This is not towards Iro as I have no doubt he'll finish when able.

Ravenous !!! such a great flick

Welcome to the human race...
I've tallied at least half the lists I've received so far and am still taking submissions - I'm still thinking of cutting it off once I've tallied every submission I receive, so the sooner everyone sends their lists in the sooner I can be finished. Failing that, try and get them in by midnight on Wednesday.

@Sexy Celebrity one of the films on your list is ineligible (American Splendor has a male co-director) but you have PMs/profile comments turned off (and it won't surprise me if this mention doesn't work either) so if you read this then please re-submit the list with this error fixed. This also applies to @ScarletLion.

EDIT: Okay, now I've officially tallied up every single eligible ballot I've received so far and I count a total of 32 such ballots received so far. I count at least 90 titles with at least 26 points each (to say nothing of the films with 25 or less points but have multiple votes, which I reckon should count towards the full total), so I've technically got enough to start a full 100 right now. That being said, I still want to give people one more chance to send in some ballots so I say that any remaining ballots need to be submitted by 11:59 p.m. AEST on Saturday the 20th of July. That's about a week away, which should be enough time to whip up even a partial list. That is the absolute final deadline. Lists with ineligible titles will be wholly discounted from the totals so be sure to do the research and confirm that your picks are legitimate (and include the names in the lists while you're at it, please).

Only a few more days to get those lists in, people. You've got until the end of this Saturday (won't be too picky about the timezone difference here).

I will try to get a list to you before the deadline, I should be able to.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I've left off a bunch of films that would probably have made it....if I had seen the film. My female directed film watching is very minimal, unfortunately.

I have to pass this. At some earlier point I tried to make a preliminary list for myself but couldn't find enough good ones (and despite of the rules I personally can't vote something like Matrix on this one).

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I have a whole bunch of films that didn't make the cut for my top 25, someone else can have them in exchange for some 30s films, I haven't watched enough of those!

i don t know 25 women filmmakers, all i know is catherine bigelow is the best woman director to me.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
They don't have to be 25 different film makers. You could list 10 Kathryn Bigelow films if you want. Just make sure you put Strange Days first

Now that the Saturday deadline has come and gone, I think now's about the time to actually get this happening. I was thinking of adding another 24 hours for any more last-minute lists, but I already think I've delayed this enough as is so...

Now that the Saturday deadline has come and gone, I think now's about the time to actually get this happening. I was thinking of adding another 24 hours for any more last-minute lists, but I already think I've delayed this enough as is so...
...so i'll leave it well over 24 Hours coz...?

Would like to see this Countdown if possible, not sure why it's been delayed four times already but whatever.

Was still hoping on a couple more major users to submit lists and maybe correct a last-minute submission that still included an ineligible film (to say nothing of how I haven't even made my own list), but at this rate I'm just going to push ahead and move eligible films up the list rather than wait. I've got enough to form a decent 100 already so I'll have this started by the end of the month.

I have to pass this. At some earlier point I tried to make a preliminary list for myself but couldn't find enough good ones (and despite of the rules I personally can't vote something like Matrix on this one).
Me too but that's also because I often don't look at the gender of the director of the movies I watch so I am not even aware of what among the movies I know I could include.