Television Tab

Tools    

Watching UK TV for three weeks now, loving it. So many quiz shows, loving it!!!
@hell_storm2004Are you over here or streaming something? Do you not have quiz shows on the tv in your country? I thought they were a staple of most countries programming because they're so cheap to make.

Streaming as US TV has junk American commentators for the World Cup. That should be labeled a crime with capital punishment.

Last world cup it was with ESPN, they had mostly Brits commenting. And ESPN had Ian Darke and Steve McManaman on their own. Thoroughly did a good job. This year Fox has just murdered the WC.

US doesn't have any quiz shows, not that I know of at least. American TV is mostly meaningless and mindless stuff really. Nothing that would enhance a person knowledge or intellect.

Fox has streaming of the WC with Brritish commentator Derek Rae. He left ESPN for Fox. He’s paired with American Aly Wagner. Good team.

I watched the the first match, where Stu Holden and John Strong were the commentators, they do a decent job, but just dont have the insight and the experience. Martin Tyler will always be my favorite voice on TV. Too bad, not hearing him at the WC.

Aly Wagner is commentator and so too is Derek Rae. Then who is the analyst?

I remember Fox about 3 years unleashed the atrocity that was Gus Johnson on UCL matches, if people didn't complain he would have been here at the world cup. He was crap.

Just finished 3rd season of The Expanse. I think it was clearly worse than previous two. Started little weak, got better by mid-season but the latter parts within the Ring were mostly bad again. The whole side plot about the second Mao girl was complete filler, the Belter captainship rivalry was so formulaic and the ending felt like a complete Contact ripoff. 2.5/5

This might just do nobody any good.
About to start on the second season of GLOW, though hesitantly. The first season close on such a unique and perfect note and I feel the need to preserve that. It’s so satisfying (not unlike the closer to Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.)

I’m glad to hear they kept it up, so we’ll see.

Done binging.

GLOW season 2: not quite as satisfying as the first, in conclusion, but maintains the heart, the humor and it’s still a joy to watch, the standout episodes being #4 and #8, each on totally different ends of the spectrum of the show occupies.

Big winners in acting: Marc Maron and Kia Stevens, the latter of whom absolutely deserves Emmy consideration for her beautiful, poignant work.

Watched 2 out of 4 episodes. Well-acted (always liked Robbie Coltrane). Show became tedious though. Even my fellow Brummie Julie Walters couldn’t make me watch more.

Cloak and Dagger

...To begin with I must admit that I am not yet done watching the available episodes from the first season, but I did want to do a little write up about the show thus far. I am on episode 4 as I write this, catching up the series on HULU. I am a huge comic fan from way back and this was one of my favorite comic duos of the early and mid 80s. Debuting in a Spectacular Spiderman comic they immediately grabbed my attention. At one time I owned all the comics that they had appeared in, that was long ago.

When I heard about this TV series I was immediately both trepidatious and excited at the same time, but of course I was going to watch it regardless of reviews or anything else. I did force myself to wait until now to start watching as I was invested in a few other TV series and wanted to finish those before adding another to my watching now list.

So far this appears to be quite a slow burn writing/directing style and I am all aboard for that take on these characters. I have avoided most pro reviews as they tend to (no matter how hard they try not to) have too many spoilers for the die hard fans of certain series, especially comics and other books made into film or tv shows.

Saying that, I have no real spoilers in this write up , but it is hard not to dammit. The acting is not overwhelmingly great, but it is damn good and when the two main characters are on screen together it becomes even better. I think the first season is supposed to have 10 episodes and I might edit this post when I am done watching the whole thing.

I advise anyone that is a comic fan to give it a go - Marvel and DC fans alike should enjoy this as long as they are not going in looking for a lot of action shots.

Thus far I give the series a
and who knows it may get better.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

It could have been, until the writers decided to play the middle writing the series finale.

HBO confessions: I’ve never seen The Sopranos or The Wire. Or Band of Brothers. Or Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Hmm, I did make it through True Detective season 2 tho.

You’re missing out on some spectacular tv. I’ve seen BOB a million times.

I loved TD season 1 & 2. Cannot understand the criticism of 2 at all.

This new HBO show seems okay. I love Amy Adams. Am going to re-watch the pilot as it was quite complex.

a 5-part cinema verité look at the life of Serena Williams just before & after the birth of her daughter & her marriage to the co-creator of Reddit. Very interesting.

The shortest of the series at about three hours long so managed to watch all of series 3 last night. It's a shame it ended because this was my favourite series out of the lot and really liked the new characters they introduced especially ATO Captain Ellen, and Lance Corporal Jasmine Jasper! Ended this series too soon.