30th Hall of Fame

Tools    

I'm not sure then. Maybe An Autmn Afternoon? I don't remember you being an Ozu fan.
You don't know what Im a fan of. Maybe a few things but not everything.

Easy. Ship of Fools and Valley of the Dolls.
Never seen Ship of Fools and Valley of the Dolls, I have seen. Actually Don't Worry Darling (2022) is very similar to Valley of the Dolls, from what I can remember. Yeah, there are differences but I still get a similar vibe.

MovieGal just joined! and sent her nom.....this is Optional to watch for now.

After she finishes the HoF and sends in a voting ballot then it will be required. That's a procedural rule from the 1st post, that I hope everyone read

The Uninvited (1944)

Haven't seen either To Live and Die in LA or The Uninvited, but I'm looking forward to both.
I've seen The Uninvited and really enjoyed it. Ray Milland is always great on screen and my personal favorite was Gail Russell who has this really sad feeling in her eyes like a lost soul.

Haven't seen either To Live and Die in LA or The Uninvited, but I'm looking forward to both.
SpelingError, I love gothic horror and The Uninvited is just that. It was 1 of 3 I was choosing from that are gothic horror and from the 1940s. Two of my other ones were Finnish but as you know there is none out there with English subs for one. My other choice was in the past 20 years and had a full cast of actors of a specific race/culture and still in English. Beautiful film and one I knew CR wants to see.

SpelingError, I love gothic horror and The Uninvited is just that. It was 1 of 3 I was choosing from that are gothic horror and from the 1940s. Two of my other ones were Finnish but as you know there is none out there with English subs for one. My other choice was in the past 20 years and had a full cast of actors of a specific race/culture and still in English. Beautiful film and one I knew CR wants to see.
I'm going to include most of that as your intro to The Uninvited on the 2nd post.

If @Siddon and @edarsenal want to pm a short intro to why they chose their films, I'll post that on the 2nd post.

I'm out for the day, but I just checked the noms. Nice bunch! I've seen 4, I think, but a couple of them are due for a rewatch. I'll post more thoughts when I get home.

To Live and Die in LA is my favorite type of film, the movie that is one thing on the surface but years later comes off as something wholly different and powerful. I cult classic of sorts expect it's expertly crafted with nuanced character work, practical effects, and a script that is far more than it appears to be. This is a movie you watch once and you go back and watch it again. A true hidden gem.