movies you loved when you were a kid, but on viewing it a second time....

Tools    

for me, the one that really made me question my judgement as a child was Garbage Pale Kids the movie. absolutely loved it when i was a kid, but seen it about a year ago and thought...."why?" i'm sure it was mostly the anticipation of something i loved being turned into a movie.
oh, and also The Wizard. the one with fred savage. i think maybe i was once brain damaged, or had severe ADD. i'm better now.
still like the original TMNT. i think. then i havn't seen that for a really long time either. i'll have to see.

I kinda swing the other way - - I saw 2001 ASO back in my younger years and I remember wondering why the apes were all Like crazy and I did not like that. Now I love the film. So there ya go.

i agree with you on that. good movie, but i never paid much attention to it when i was younger.

You want to post like me?
I used to love watching 'Jingle All The Way' when I was a kid. It was one of my favorite Christmas movies, right next to Home Alone (the ones with Culkin, not that fat kid that ruined everything).

Milo and Otis. thought it was a funny movie when I was a kid, now, it is just silly. I guess because it is a kid movie.

My movie blog

Kick boxer i thought was great when i was 9...its bad i know
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

i used to love the play cats when it came out on DVD but i was also 8 and now i can barely sit threw it without crying(I HATE IT!!)please i am asking you.....don't put yourself threw the whole movie

Sometimes They Come Back Again. I remember watching it time and time again when I was twelve and thirteen years old (yep, I was messed up in the head), but a few months ago, I bought the DVD and watched it for the very first time since then, and asked myself: ".....Why?" The antagonist--a demon straight from Hell-- is still pretty cool, but the movie as a whole just isn't very good, and I'm not sure why it ever appealed to me so greatly.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Highlander...loved it as a kid, can't stand it now. Connery playing a Spaniard and Christopher Lambert playing a Scot welcome to the 'worst casting ever' hall of fame.

What's the matter UF, Highlander not trashy enough for you?
No...Highlander lingers like a bad fart in the no-man's land between thrillingly cool respectability, and ironically hilarious crapsville.

Welcome to the human race...
Even though I like the film, I have to admit I agree with you on that.

Anyway, as for my answer - I don't know, all the movies I loved from my childhood were either ones I still re-watch on occasion and still love or ones I never bothered to watch again. The closest answer I can think of is Batman and Robin - when I first watched it on video about ten years ago I genuinely liked it. These days, I like it because it's so gloriously trashy.

I suppose I could watch many of the films I enjoyed as a child and still appreciate them on some level, though in the majority of cases I suspect nostalgia (if that's the right word here) would be a factor to varying degrees. Very few of them are films I probably would have considered genuinely good if first seen as an adult. A couple notable exceptions would be The Princess Bride (a film for all ages, really!) and The Wizard of Oz (which I had a wonderful experience seeing in the theater last year). I suppose there are others, but those two come first to mind; I imagine many would feel the same when it comes to those two films.

I used to love watching 'Jingle All the Way' when I was a kid. It was one of my favorite Christmas movies, right next to Home Alone (the ones with Culkin, not that fat kid that ruined everything).
I still like watching those movies. They're family film schlock, but they always get me in the Christmas mood... and I'm a damn Atheist!

For me, I'd have to say Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3. Boy, I must have had some fan boy blinders on while watching that movie as a kid.

i remember never liking the 3rd tmnt. but i loved the first 2. i still havn't had the chance to rewatch any of them yet. i did think of another one though. Krull. i hadn't watched it in years, and when i first started watching it the other day, i noticed the opening is almost a complete rip off of star wars. where they show the big rock thing floating slowly towards earth. that image and the music instantly made me think of, well, space balls(which i still can watch time to time). but yeah, once i noticed that i couldn't help but think of star wars for the rest of the movie.

i'm gonna test The Ice Pirates tonight. i loved that one too. i don't remember any of it, so it should be fun. i'm looking for Robot Jox too.

thanks, honeykid. i've been going through this phase where i want to watch classic nostalgic movies. nostalgic to me anyway. i watched robot jox last night and despite some major plot holes(like how Tex claimed the the designer, and the only person who knew the new weapons, was a spy)and some bad acting, still enjoyed the stop motion robot fights. still, havn't got a chance to watch ice pirates yet.