Best film score ever?

Tools    

Personally I think Ennio Morricone's score in Once Upon a Time in the West is great

That's such a hard question to answer. I'd say "The Empire Strikes Back," but stuff like "The Shawshank Redeption" and "Citizen Kane" would be right behind it.

Frankly there's just too many really awesome scores out there to narrow it down to just one.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm positive that this has been done before...

ah, what the hell. Once Upon a Time in the West had an awesome score.

So did...
The Warriors
The Shawshank Redemption

The Indiana Jones trilogy
A Better Tomorrow
Apocalypse Now
Lawrence of Arabia

wow I thought i was the only one who absolutly loved the Score for the Warriors, the music is one of the greatest things in that movie

Halloween, man that score is so damn creepy. It made the whole entire movie scarier.

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith- they took some of the old songs and redid them sorta also i just thought it fit the movie good...

The Matrix (the first one)- i liked some of the whole mysterious themed songs...

Lord of the Rings (all of them)- for every scene the music just fit...

Team America- the songs are awesome nuff said...

Flash Gordon of course..........

The best? From what I've seen: Reservoir Dogs.

The Star Wars Saga
The Matrix Trilogy
Lord Of the Rings

These would be my top 3

I also Liked the Indiana Jones Trilogy score
And Superman's score was good also

off the top of my head:

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Vertigo
Silence of the Lambs
Psycho
Once Upon A Time In the West
Casablanca
Remains Of the Day
Citizen Kane
The Shawshank Redemption

The Magnificent Seven, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Miller's Crossing & Superman: The Motion Picture all come to mind for me.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
wow I thought i was the only one who absolutly loved the Score for the Warriors, the music is one of the greatest things in that movie
Soundtrack, you liked the soundtrack.

This thread exists already, find my choices for both best score, and best soundtrack there...

Just watched The Deer Hunter, the score for that isn't bad.

Originally Posted by Sedai
Soundtrack, you liked the soundtrack.
The Warriors had original score, dude. Namely that catchy song during the opening montage. Sweet...

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Iroquois
The Warriors had original score, dude. Namely that catchy song during the opening montage. Sweet...
Yes, I have seen it. Many, many times, and was in the theater watching it when it was released. I find the minimal synth stuff in the film to be completely bland, and thought you were talking about the soundtrack, which many people love, and list frequently.

To each his own.

See what you get when you mess with The Orphans?

Ocean's 12 to Rocky 5

Ocean's won by a touchdown.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Sedai
Yes, I have seen it. Many, many times, and was in the theater watching it when it was released. I find the minimal synth stuff in the film to be completely bland, and thought you were talking about the soundtrack, which many people love, and list frequently.

To each his own.

See what you get when you mess with The Orphans?

Yea I love both the soundtrack and Score. like music in the baseball furies chase is genius

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
Yea I love both the soundtrack and Score. like music in the baseball furies chase is genius
Agreed. The score fits perfectly with the rest of the film and that's all you can ask of a score - to complement the film as best it can.