The Twin Peaks Thread

Tools    

I love this show so much. Having finished it a week or two ago, I cannot get Twin Peaks out of my head and I can honestly say it is the greatest TV show I have ever watched. For any other fans of the series on here, I thought I'd set up a thread where we can discuss favorite episodes, characters, the insane perfection of that final episode, etc. I eagerly await watching Fire Walk With Me.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Easily the greatest show of all time, and I haven't even watched the last few episodes! The atmosphere and characters are so unique, plus Kyle MacLachlan is perfect as Dale Cooper.

Have to say, my favourite episode is a bit of a cliche; Episode 14, where Laura's killer is finally revealed. That final moment, with all the intercutting shots, distorted pace and cinematography, is amazing, and I still vividly remember the moment I saw it. It was just before I left for school, and I couldn't focus on my work all day, because that scene kept replaying in my mind. Being that I only saw it in 2011, none of the other people at school knew what the **** I was on about.

Brilliant piece of television programming.

Have to say, my favourite episode is a bit of a cliche; Episode 14, where Laura's killer is finally revealed. That final moment, with all the intercutting shots, distorted pace and cinematography, is amazing, and I still vividly remember the moment I saw it. It was just before I left for school, and I couldn't focus on my work all day, because that scene kept replaying in my mind. Being that I only saw it in 2011, none of the other people at school knew what the **** I was on about.

Brilliant piece of television programming.
Totally agree with you. That sequence is damn near the best thing Lynch has ever shot, feature film or otherwise.

A system of cells interlinked
Huge fan here.... Love the show and anything even remotely connected to it.

I watched it earlier this year and absolutely loved it.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
REALLY need to start watching it soon. Is it as trippy as Lynch's other stuff?
It has a lot of weird, bizarre Lynch trademarks, but I think it's general weirdness is balanced out with some conventional storytelling ideas. I think Fire Walk With Me is much more an onslaught of general exercises in craziness.

REALLY need to start watching it soon. Is it as trippy as Lynch's other stuff?
Some of it is, but they had to keep it accessible enough to keep casual viewers tuned in. The story lines are pretty easy to follow; they just have a lot of unusual traits.

Can we have a Spoiler edited into the topic title. It would be nice to discuss this freely.
Spoilers below.

I was just reading up random stuff on the show & just realized that Killer Bob was an unintentional character, the guy playing him was actually a set decorator & he accidentally appeared as a reflection in a scene. Lynch liked the idea so much he decided to have him as a recurring character & that turned out too damn well for the show.
But kind of creeps me out even more.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Once the reveal of who the killer was happened, the show kinda couldn't handle itself and I lost interest.

Suspect's Reviews

Once the reveal of who the killer was happened, the show kinda couldn't handle itself and I lost interest.
Whilst the show certainly changes style in the second season, I still absolutely loved it, I loved the film as well though and I know many people hate that for its bizarre Lynch style.

Welcome to the human race...
Recently watched both seasons and Fire Walk with Me. I liked it well enough, wouldn't say I loved it though. Several of the subplots from season two were definitely a weakness.