Bad Movies with great casts?

Tools    

I thought remakes were better in Ring, Fly, Vanilla sky

though original was probably better in infernal affairs though. I'd have to watch it back to back to really know.

HAHAHA you nailed it. I do still need to see Infernal Affairs, but so many people 'prefer' Affairs for exactly that reason.
Can't really say that until you've actually seen it.

The Happening

Hurry Sundown, The Chase, and Towering Inferno immediately leap to mind. Also:
Reflections in a Golden Eye – 1967
The Sergeant – 1968
Suddenly, Last Summer – 1959; The Hollywood Production Code made a mess of that film despite best efforts of Liz Taylor, Kate Hepburn, Montgomery Clift, and Mercedes McCambridge.

Never was too crazy about The Towering Inferno but I always kinda liked The Poseidon Adventure... which, I'll admit, was a little cheesy in places but, for me, still better than a lot of the other disaster movies back then...
Yeah, the original Airport/Airplane disaster flick was mediocre yet passable, but the sequels were just gawd-awful, particularly the one where they turned a 707 into an underwater diving bell!

i actually liked that movie untill the sort of vampire creatures came in.
Yeah, the first part of the film with the psycho-killer brothers was much, much scarier than the vampires who were almost comic relief at that point.

In the Beginning...
I know I'm gonna get flayed for this, but...

I'm an acolyte of Robert Rodriguez as much as anybody, and I love Frank Miller's Sin City graphic novels. But let's face it, they just don't work on film. The whole damn thing is a trudge to get through, and nearly the entire cast struggles with the material because the characters might as well be cartoons. There are some moments of success in the film, where it feels like the source material really has come alive, but they are few. In my opinion, Sin City is nothing more than an elaborate, expensive, and insufferable fanfilm.

And come to think of it, the cast really isn't that good. There are some names, sure, but I didn't see Alexis Bledel and Michael Clarke Duncan turning any heads at the judge's table.

[Cue joke: "Well, Jessica Alba definitely turned some heads!" *snicker snicker*]

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Loved Sin City, so I'm not with you on that one. Normally Bruce Willis ruins movies for me, but I liked Sin City a lot and the cast was fantastic.

To answer the question, for me it may have to be Royal Tenenbaums, a royal dissapointment, at least to me.

Not sure if it was already posted but my vote is for: The Men Who Stare at Goats. Clooney, Bridges, Spacey and McGregor. How could it be bad? Ugh
Gawd, you got suckered in by that, too? Wasn't it just the pitts!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The Passage.

Anthony Quinn
James Mason
Malcolm McDowell
Patricia Neal
Kay Lenz
Christopher Lee
Michael Lonsdale

and evidently Jim Broadbent was an uncredited German soldier.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Halloween II (2009)