The Last Airbender

Tools    

You have reached the end of your quota of the number of allowed responses Sexy Celebrity may give you.

Try back again next century.

That's just plain "lol".
Reached an end to the number of allowed responses?
Seriously...that's just sounds so dumb. No offense though.
Just thinking of the ones that made that "You have reached the end of your quota of the number of allowed responses" thing...wow...

this will be amazing! im so excited that he is the director!

New trailer for The Last Airbender

Paramount Pictures has released a new trailer for M Night Shyamalan's upcoming The Last Airbender. The film itself is down for release on July 2nd in the US, with the UK release set for August 13th.

uhm. where's toph ?

Trailer looks very good, makes you wanna see the film. The fact that I have seen the cartoon series, my kids like it a lot, makes it more interesting to see. I hope it lives up to our expectations.

What I'm reading from many people, (and I agree) is that live action movies should never be in 3D. If someone's going to make it work they'll have to put real effort into it. And from what people are saying The Last Airbender doesn't help much. According to many the film is a hasty last-minute 3D conversion, a cynical cash-grab. If you see it, make sure you buy a 2D ticket.

All i want to know is, is it fun? I've read the tweets and its all doom and gloom reviews. Im not interested in the directorial concepts, the music or even the quality of its effects. Is the movie fun with a story line? If it is I'll take my chances and go see it. This is not a movie that was ever going to smash box office numbers. Especially when its based on an American made anime attempt, but like the cartoon its meant to be fun to watch.... does it succeed even on that level is all I want to know from my fellow mofoians?

Sorry Naisy, NO. It's not fun AT ALL. The action scenes--if you want to call them that--aren't exciting, the characters are all flat and one-dimensional, and there is not a single moment of humor in the entire movie.

If you just want to see a good 3-D movie, this still isn't going to entertain you. It was shot in 2-D and just converted to 3-D to make more money. There is nothing special or noteworthy about the 3-D. In fact, it loses something in 3-D for me because it looks really dark and grimy. Even in scenes set in broad daylight with snow covering the entire background, it's still too dark.

As for the story line, it sucks. Sorry, but that's the truth. To be fair, the last twenty minutes or so picks up, so if you can muster the strength to sit through an hour and twenty minutes of horrendous film-making then you'll be rewarded with a pretty strong finish.

Just my opinions, some people may have actually liked it--though I've heard from literally none of these people.

took my little sister to see it on the first day. the film was pretty good but the 3d couldve been better. it was originally shot in 2d and upgraded to 3d so the effect wasnt great. but i did enjoy the film considering i was a fan of the series. i feel dev patel was a good zuko and the movie was alot like the series although more serious with very little slapstick, they also changed the pronunciation of aang, but if you were a fan of the series i would recommend it

uhm. where's toph ?
She'll be in the next movie, Book 2: Earth ^^

The Lord of the Rings

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Totally agree. I think this 3D craze is getting completely out of control. Using technology in place of creativity. Plus I wear glasses, and balancing those silly 3D glasses on top of my glasses is uncomfortable and makes me feel like a character from Revenge of the Nerds.

What I'm reading from many people, (and I agree) is that live action movies should never be in 3D. If someone's going to make it work they'll have to put real effort into it. And from what people are saying The Last Airbender doesn't help much. According to many the film is a hasty last-minute 3D conversion, a cynical cash-grab. If you see it, make sure you buy a 2D ticket.

Saw the movies today...

I kind of enjoyed it a bit... It was not at all disappointing, I am growing fond of the franchise even more now. I hope they make a sequel to it.

I know it might be disappointing to hardcore fans.. but I think it wasn't all that bad,,
I enjoyed it a lot more than Prince of Persia (whose success still beats me).