Billy Zane's Demon Knight

Tools    

Ok, Zane didn't direct, but the thread title is still pretty fitting since he pretty much steals the damn film. I must admit that I feel somewhat embarrassed that I am making a thread about this film, but I saw it again the other day and was in tears of laughter. It's the best Tales Of The Crypt story ever filmed and has a lot of fun moments. Yes, I know I should be finishing my Top 100 instead of talking about dated Billy Zane movies, but, meh, I like Billy Zane movies!!

What does everybody think about the film and it's star, the former Mr Kelly Brooks?

I like it. I thought it was funny. Used to own it, but not anymore.

I'm gonna add this to my movie collection tonight
Are you actually going to run out and buy it tonight or will you be stealing it online from somewhere?

This movie is old school dudes! I remember we usually rented VHS and this one is one genius movie! I guess I had watch this a hundred times already. One of my collections.

Demon Knight is a fun movie for what it is, and miles better than the second "Tales from the Crypt" theatrical movie. But if I want a fix of Billy Zane I always reach for Blood & Concrete: A Love Story (1991). After that it'd be Sally Potter's Orlando (1992) and Dead Calm (1989).

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
I really like Demon Knight. I got dragged to the theater to see it when it came out, and I went in expecting a complete piece of garbage, as there wasn't much hope for a Tales from the Crypt movie actually being worth a damn. If I remember correctly, we were all pleasantly surprised, and had a blast watching it...

Now I want to watch it...

Dead Calm is another underrated flick, but certainly worth the watch.

Glad everyone enjoys it as much as I do. It really is unashamedly good fun. A nice little romp one enjoys when they need a bit of a sugar rush.

Forgot all about Dead Calm. Haven't seen it in YEARS but I remember liking it somewhat. I've seen it for like 2 quid though so next time i'm HVMin'g it I'll probably pick it up.

Never seen Orlando though.

No need for anyone to apologize for loving this film, as here's someone else you can add to the list of people who have seen and loved this film.

I thought it was one of the better Tales from the Crypt movies for sure. Liked it, the star I thought did an amazing job.

I totally liked this movie. I had forgotten all about it. Jada Pinkett was good in it too.

Never saw the film, but I remember buying the soundtrack on cassette and wearing it out in no time!

Matt