Everyone Should See...?

Tools    

This may be part of your top 10, but what is the one movie you think everyone should see? Why?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
This might be waaaaaay subjective, but what the hell-- Once Upon a Time in the West. It is such a huge epic movie in so many ways. It has the coolest heroes, the meanest villians, haunting soundtrack, amazing visuals. Best of all, it unfolds slowly. Gets you real involved in it. Oh yeah, and it has the absolutely best showdown in any western IMO.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm going to go against the grain and say a less popular film Gone Baby Gone, I think it has a great message, but then leaves you thinking about the movie at the end. I think it's great.

I'm going to go against the grain and say a less popular film Gone Baby Gone, I think it has a great message, but then leaves you thinking about the movie at the end. I think it's great.
Never heard of it...

This may be part of your top 10, but what is the one movie you think everyone should see? Why?
I don't know of any one movie that would appeal to "everyone." Too many differences affecting people's tastes in film--age, sex, maturity (or lack thereof), prejudices, whether or not one has read the book or seen the play on which the film is based, education level and general knowledge of things like world history and film history, earlier versions of the film on which the remake is based, who worked on the screenplay, the talents and previous work of the actors and director involved, the cameraman, even technicolor vs. black-and-white, the use and quality of special effects, sets, the level and quality of sound, costumes, whether the film is pushing the boundaries of filmmaking or repeating a safe formula, reviews (or not), and so many additional factors affecting one's comprehension and enjoyment of a film

Everyone should see me do the Mexican hat dance on a quart of tequila.

A system of cells interlinked
Damn tough question for me...

I feel like I need to recommend 2001 on a technical level...but it's cold and distant in a lot of ways, and not very accessible. I guess I would have to chose...

Lawrence of Arabia (Lean, 1962)

Simply the best transitions in any film, ever. It's a story about what makes great men great, which is solid material, and technically, it's just about perfect. People take issue with Lawrence himself, more so who he really was, as opposed to his portrayal in the film itself, but who cares, cause you can't please everyone. The films length puts some people off, but this epic certainly needs the time to unfold.

Just make sure you get special edition - the single disc has color issues galore.

Ed Wood-It really doesn't get the recognition it deserves. It's well-rounded and hilarious to boot. I think it's about the most personal you can get to Tim Burton.

I feel like I need to recommend 2001 on a technical level...but it's cold and distant in a lot of ways, and not very accessible.
I'll recommend it then.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The movie is "AVATAR". I dont want to explain the reason. I just want to say every thing is there.

For love stories, I highly recommend:

1. Somewhere in Time;
2. Something's Gotta Give; and
3. Forrest Gump.

Comedies would be:

1. The Birdcage;
2. Analyze this; and
3. Shrek 2 ( hey, the script was very witty)

Id' love to go into the drama bit, but that would take up waaaay too much space here... hence I stuck to just the romance and comedy genre.

I agree. I don't think I would watch that movie over and over, but after I saw it, my wife and I discussed it for days. We disagree with each other on what we would have done in the situation at the end. It really makes you think.

Ghost World. Great characters, great music, excellent watch.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
The Star Wars episodes IV-VI.

I watched all three last weekend for the first time and I really don't know what took me so long. I'm literally in love.

A must see movie to me would have to be Catch 22.If anyone is a M.A.S.H. lover..then Catch 22 is for you.It has an allstar cast as well.I had to watch it a few times because there was a flashback seen in it with Alan Arkin,that went back 3 or 4 times that I didn't get.And like Citizen Kane,the ending is shown 1st,which gets you hooked from the get go!

I'd recommend seeing Inglorious Basterds if you haven't already.

Why? It has tremendous acting (2010 Oscar winner Christopher Waltz), extremely suspenseful, hilarious, has incredibly intelligent dialogue (Quentin Taratino, as always), and it exciting from start to finish.