What's the Scariest movie you've ever seen?

Tools    

haha ive cracked it... doesnt do it justice tho!

&hl=en&fs=1

I thought The Ruins was scary, I just rented it and I think that it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Aracnaphobia

I wouldnt say scary as such just that its mentally scared me as a small boy! Im not a big fan of spiders anyway but this film did me no favours. Even now I get Vietnam flashbacks of the toilet scene where that guy gets bit on the ass when ever I use the bathroom. Also when im walking down the stairs I often think about a nasty spider jumping down and killing me lol

I was in my brother in laws afew years ago and he is a big fan of spiders, the mind boggles why, but anyway I was sat in his living room playing a game of smash brothers for the gamecube, and in the corner of my eye I saw this black thing move. As I looked over there sure enough his pet had escaped. This massive black hairy ugly thing walking across the floor towards me. Needless to say my words were quite strong as I said "Get that f###ing thing away from me before I stamp on the f###ing b######!!!" He no longer has the usless cage that lets the spider escape. That makes fell a little bit safer lol

The shining for me - although i watched the flx when i was eight - that was pretty terrorfying!

I totally agree that Arachnophobia was scary, there was just some thing uneasy about the whole film and it’s rated like PG or something…. The Shinny is clearly the scariest of all time… and best King adaptation… Shelley Duvall gave one of the most overshadow performances all time.

I’m going to watch the frontiers tonight as it’s been recommended to me, is meant to be good. Plot: A gang of young thieves flee Paris during the violent aftermath of a political election, only to hole up at an Inn run by neo-Nazis… ill let you know if it’s any good.

'Don't Look Now closely' followed by 'The Shining' and 'The Omen' (original).

Though more recent films such as 'The Others' and 'The Orphanage' were also very effective.

Dissapearing Pen Trick is #1
When I was little, the movie "It" scared me so much and I still don't like clowns. The Shining is a pretty good mental thriller, the little twins were really freaky. But its hard to find scary movies these days. Most recently I would probably pick The Orphanage which is just a great movie and also I liked the psychological thriller of 1408.

Kickin it Old School

[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

Hi.
I saw scary movie-3.
Oh, it is neither a scary movie nor sexy movie.
Just a rubbish.

But, in past I have seen Kickin.

Well, I don't really get scared by movies, but I do get creeped out. I thought Hostel was very disturbing, just because I think there are a lot of people in the world that would actually pay to do that. I liked the saw movies.
I thought Sin City's Killer (Elijah Wood) was pretty damn scary.

Id have to say 'drag me to hell'. I actually walked out of the theater at one point it started to freak me out that much. I don't think ive ever had that happen to me.

oh Blair Witch was scary...and also The Strangers with Liv Tyler..

I have only been genuinely scared by one film. I was 9 and I was supposed to be sleeping, but instead I crept downstairs and sat right in front of the TV with the volume on low.

And Poltergeist (1982) was on, and 1 scene including a toy clown has deeply effected me. I was 9 years old so I obviously had toys at the time and I even had a clown toy (which I NEVER played with again). I spend nights staring at my toys thinking that if I ever looked away or closed my eyes, the toy would be gone when I looked back.

I have re-watched the film several times and I personally think its a great horror flick. It's also special to me because its the only film that's scared me and not just made me jump. (I'm not saying jump moments aren't good, they are!)
And yes, I have seen the Exorcist. Horror is in fact my favourite genre but nothing affects me...my dream would be to come across another film that stops me from sleeping but the outlook is bleak considering horror nowadays. Anyone got any more ideas? I've seen everything listed so far.

"They're Here"

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
the scariest movie i've seen was blair witch project, paranormal activity, exorcist and the grudge..

Halloween (1978) Very scary movie!

Evil Dead is also quite scary.