MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

Yeah, could be worse, but turf toe almost never clears up quickly, so the odds are very good that I won't be able to use him next week, or at least can't do so comfortably. Bleh. Breakout player of the year, or at least a finalist, big blow. I've got tons of great flex options but they're all a solid tier below Gibson.

I'm really stressing over my FLEX. According to expert rankings, I should be starting Dobbins, but I'm not doing that. The Browns are solid against the run, and the Ravens divvy out carries among too many guys for me to have any faith in him this week.

My initial instinct was Lazard, and I'll probably stick with him. Detroit is terrible against the pass, and the Packers should score at will. I figure Lazard is my best bet to score a TD. Also saw that yesterday was his birthday. I shouldn't project anything based on that, and yet I feel like the Packers, once up 30+ points and again in the red zone, will be like, "Let's draw up a play for Lazard and get him a TD as a B-day present!" (Yes, my mind reaches.)

I worry that I'm making a mistake not playing Keke Coutee, however. He had 18 points last week despite not scoring a TD. Chicago has allowed the 4th-fewest points to WRs this season, but that's based on their early-season success. In recent weeks they've been terrible. Even Marvin Jones had 21 points against them last week. Coutee is a bigger part of the game plan than Lazard, so I'm sure he'll have more receptions. I'd definitely start Fuller this week if not for his suspension, so why am I reluctant to do the same with his replacement?

I've settled on Hurst as my TE, despite Goedert's recent success. The Saints haven't allowed double digits to a TE since week 5, and most of the TEs they've played since then have scored almost nil. If Wentz was still the QB, I'd start Goedert despite the bad match-up, but Jalen Hurts is too much of an unknown. Based on his small sample size last week, he would look to the WRs and then scramble if his first two reads weren't open. Doubt Hurst does much, but I have more faith in him at least reaching 7-10 points with a good match-up and no Julio.

I hate having to rack my brain over such decisions at the most crucial point of my season.

Let the night air cool you off
Also saw that yesterday was his birthday. I shouldn't project anything based on that, and yet I feel like the Packers, once up 30+ points and again in the red zone, will be like, "Let's draw up a play for Lazard and get him a TD as a B-day present!" (Yes, my mind reaches.)
After watching Rodgers on the McAfee show every Tuesday this year, that doesn't really feel like a reach.

After watching Rodgers on the McAfee show every Tuesday this year, that doesn't really feel like a reach.
Have you watched any of McAfee's matches? I haven't watched NXT since pre-COVID, but I'm curious to see how well McAfee can go in the ring, since I keep hearing almost nothing but praise for his performances.

Immediately after expounding on my FLEX dilemma, I saw the news about Gaskin going on the COVID list and picked up DeAndre Washington. He will now be my starter. This has pretty much been my MO all season, adding RBs late in the week after a starter has been ruled out. More often than not it's paid off for me. Feels like this was meant to be. It's the Censored Clowns way. If I lose because of it, oh well.

Immediately after expounding on my FLEX dilemma, I saw the news about Gaskin going on the COVID list and picked up DeAndre Washington. He will now be my starter. This has pretty much been my MO all season, adding RBs late in the week after a starter has been ruled out. More often than not it's paid off for me. Feels like this was meant to be. It's the Censored Clowns way. If I lose because of it, oh well.

As soon as I saw you did a plug-n-play, I know that I am done

I used to follow the pro wrestling business pretty heavily and have a thread on the forum somewhere of a bunch of real pro wrestling stories behind the scenes. Its outdated though as today so much information is available on YouTube, but there are still some stuff in there I havent seen since.

Decent enough start for Spaulding, but more to the point, TONGO's squad is starting slow. Brady just missed a wide open Godwin (tons of that going on this year), and he would've gotten both ends of that. Worse, despite Tampa's offensive struggles the Vikings are only up 6-0, whereas falling in a big hole would increase the likelihood of garbage time points.

Long way to go still, though.

Murray just hurt himself. Hes still in but he walking really gingerly.

Brady throws for Evans in the end zone, and it's pass interference which is bad because now it's 1st and goal at the one, and that means...yup...rushing TD. That kinda stuff matters a lot.

TONGO was falling behind more as time went on (more players, and more significant players, playing right now, so no news is good news for Spaulding), but Brady threw a short TD and we're neck-and-neck again.

Oh, and while Adam's got a slight edge...Josh Jacobs is ACTIVE, it turns out. Big change in prognosis from when I wrote that preview to just a day or two later, when it suddenly appeared as if he'd be on track to make it. Could be a big deal.

Let the night air cool you off
Josh Jacob's on Instagram says he's not playing today. I don't know what's going on there.
He was apparently (hopefully) trolling fantasy owners... but also... f*ck. I'm in a tighter spot now.