What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
There's also the very concept of

WARNING: "I Stand Alone" spoilers below
the film stopping near the end to warn you that you have 30 seconds to leave the theatre before it shows the most disturbing scene in the whole movie, which is definitely disturbing on a psychological level as you have to consider what could possibly be so bad to merit a warning when previous scenes didn't and whether or not you can bring yourself to stick around.

I would say ‘Cargo 200’ is the worst I’ve seen. Maybe because it doesn’t position itself as horror, not sure.
I'll check that out. Is it a Russian film from 2007?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Does it have to be a good movie? One movie I thought was terrible but still very disturbing was The Human Centipede.

Account terminated on request
There's also the very concept of

WARNING: "I Stand Alone" spoilers below
the film stopping near the end to warn you that you have 30 seconds to leave the theatre before it shows the most disturbing scene in the whole movie, which is definitely disturbing on a psychological level as you have to consider what could possibly be so bad to merit a warning when previous scenes didn't and whether or not you can bring yourself to stick around.
I just checked that out on youtube (entire film is there; it's not available anywhere else in streaming land that I could find). The translation engine is down (when I try to enable it, I get a COVID-19 warning that no staff is around to police it), so I have no idea what they're saying, but what I don't understand is that the warning in the film shows up immediately after the most shocking scene, not before it. If I have the right scene.

Gaspar Noe doesn't impress me; he's basically just gross. Nothing more than a puerile behaving 12 year old masquerading as a grown up director.

They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

but what I don't understand is that the warning in the film shows up immediately after the most shocking scene, not before it. If I have the right scene.
Do you mean the shocking scene being...

WARNING: "" spoilers below
...the pregnant women getting beat up?

Account terminated on request
Do you mean the shocking scene being...

WARNING: "" spoilers below
...the pregnant women getting beat up?
WARNING: "The stupid movie called I Stand Alone" spoilers below
No, Iroquois was talking about the warning right before the end of the film. But AFAICS, the scene just before the warning was the scene with the "ick" factor. Whatever. Just as David Lynch likes to twist your head with his talent, Gaspar Noe is a hack who likes to push the boundaries with his lack thereof.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well I just didn't think the story to The Human Centipede was good but it still had really disturbing moments.

Well I just didn't think the story to The Human Centipede was good but it still had really disturbing moments.
Of course not, it’s a badly done demented surgeon trope, but God, the 12-year-old me was horrified...

It would be the first exorcist, because of the compelling and nerve wrecking finale...

A Serbian Film is hand-down the sickest I've seen so far. Nothing comes close. Eden Lake stayed with me some time too.

Disturbing Good:
Come and See
Perfect Blue
Barefoot Gen
Belladonna of Sadness
A Clockwork Orange

Disturbing Bad:
The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie
Caligula
Where the Dead Go To Die
Foodfight
Freddy Got Fingered

Dumplings (2003)

Even though it’s more of a black comedy than a horror I found this pretty sick.

There’s a secret ingredient which is added to dumplings that keeps people looking youthful. This being aborted fetuses stolen from a secret abortion facility in a hospital. The film gets even more twisted as it progresses.

Dumplings (2003)

Even though it’s more of a black comedy than a horror I found this pretty sick.

There’s a secret ingredient which is added to dumplings that keeps people looking youthful. This being aborted fetuses stolen from a secret abortion facility in a hospital. The film gets even more twisted as it progresses.
I loved that! Didn’t find it disturbing though.

Any recent unsettling movies?

Movies with a disturbing factor slowly being built up toward the end: Requiem for a Dream. As for a movie that's disturbing through most of the movie, Eraserhead's a good one.

i heard The Perfection made a lot of people puke.