Where those amazing composers for action movies?

Tools    

I just wanna know that we are at a time where action movies of real quality are just a rarity, if not for john wick s franchise and maybe the equalizer franchise, we only got bad boys for life just now.
we barely have any quality action films with great soundtrack, long gone are the days where trevor jones worked on that amazing Cliffhanger soundtrack, or mark mancina working on that bad boys theme, long are gone those days of harold feltermeyer working on action films, such is the quality of hollywood films have come to unfortunately.
Have your say

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Another great action movie soundtrack is Runaway Train by Trevor Jones. Speed by Mark Mancina is very good too. 3:10 to Yuma (remake), thought not quite an action movie, also has a very good one.

For your consideration:

This is something I spoke about with a friend.
Movies today have no theme music that's noticeable.

Sure, Marvel has that theme at the start when the images flicker across the screen, but as that video shows, there's not much else.
Dark Knight trilogy, has the rolling violins in all 3 movies, The Dark Knight specifically had a theme through it with the constantly rising strings.
But, there's no exact theme in the trilogy.

The conversation I had with a friend, was movies no longer even have a song.
Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves, Titanic... hell even The Neverending Story had it's own song... but movies don't do it anymore.

It's like the trailers today.
They show everything in the film, and just have that genericelectronic trumpet blowing BWAAARRM! repeatedly.

When you say electronic trumpet, do you mean regular acoustic trumpet samples, or an actual synthesizer?

Also, didn't the 50 Shades of Grey movies have their own original songs?

The last really energetic and trademark action film soundtrack is maybe 2013 s oblivion, Susan sundfor

Welcome to the human race...
This is something I spoke about with a friend.
Movies today have no theme music that's noticeable.

Sure, Marvel has that theme at the start when the images flicker across the screen, but as that video shows, there's not much else.
Dark Knight trilogy, has the rolling violins in all 3 movies, The Dark Knight specifically had a theme through it with the constantly rising strings.
But, there's no exact theme in the trilogy.

The conversation I had with a friend, was movies no longer even have a song.
Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves, Titanic... hell even The Neverending Story had it's own song... but movies don't do it anymore.

It's like the trailers today.
They show everything in the film, and just have that genericelectronic trumpet blowing BWAAARRM! repeatedly.

The main Avengers theme is more distinctive than most, but yeah, hard to have any meaningful sense of personality in a 23-strong franchise. Sometimes theme music is noticeable in how they all seem to be ripping each other off (like how the Kingsman theme music also sounds like it's ripping off The Avengers). The distinctive scores I think about now tend to be stuff like John Wick or Mandy or The Social Network where they get the moody electronica just right rather than any kind of sweeping orchestra like the films of yesteryear. Maybe orchestral scores have been exhausted a bit and it's the more unconventional scores that stand out as a result.

Not like I really miss the "movie song", but I don't think movies have stopped doing them. It hasn't been that long since "Shallow" was seemingly inescapable in its popularity, after all (and even then there have been other films doing them but they don't have the same popularity or staying power - still, they're out there but there's less of a monoculture than there was in the '80s and '90s so nothing can grab as much of the public consciousness as "Footloose" did simply by sheer force).

Even though the movie wasn't that good, I thought that The Amazing Spider-man 2 had a really good one.

The soundtrack for Mad Max Fury Road was very good in the context of that film. The Guitar Doof Warrior was a nice touch and the pounding drums on the big rig. All nice ways of incorporating action score into the plot