Is Movie Forums DYING?

Tools    

Don't mean to hold you up. I'm doing well, thanks for asking. Maybe you'll consider showing up more, we can talk movies next time.
Hmmm do you enjoy foreign cinema?

I don't think MoFo is dying in the sense that I don't think it's going to go away anytime soon, but the atmosphere has changed quite a bit, at least for me, in the last year or so and it has started to feel less and less like home. A lot of the people I most enjoy talking to have either left or drastically reduced their posting, which one of the reasons why I haven't been on nearly as much as I once was.

But a big reason, too, is just that movies are not as high a priority for me as they once were. I haven't watched any movies at all in about three weeks and never did write up the last couple I saw (which were rewatches anyway).

If any political thread(s) caused problems here it was the Islamic Terror Attack ones. I only read the Trump one from time to time and barely post there but it always seems funny to me, dunno.

Let the night air cool you off
I think a big problem that is prevalent to this board a bit now too is that too many people think that their political opinions are an indication of someone's moral compass.

I go to the cinema every week and watch a lot at home...wish I had time for more.

Hmmm do you enjoy foreign cinema?

I do. If you have any recommendations just send them my way.

Master of My Domain
I think a big problem that is prevalent to this board a bit now too is that too many people think that their political opinions are an indication of someone's moral compass.
I swear, life gets easier if you stop caring about a person's political beliefs, and instead focus on whether he/she is a good or bad person.

Master of My Domain
Guys, guys. I can fix all this. I've got it. The one idea that will fix everything:

Another Shoutbox.
Bigger, better, and louder: The Scream Box. It's like The Purge, but eternal, and with words.

I swear, life gets easier if you stop caring about a person's political beliefs, and instead focus on whether he/she is a good or bad person.
I think part of the issue is not realizing there's a distinction between the two to begin with.

Bigger, better, and louder: The Scream Box. It's like The Purge, but eternal, and with words.
I wanna purge

Master of My Domain
I think part of the issue is not realizing there's a distinction between the two to begin with.
True. It's something that took me years to learn.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Maybe we need some kind of "anonymous shoutbox."

Where we can type whatever we want and nobody will know who's writing what.

Like an anonymous opinion box.
Part of me loves this idea. The other part of me thinks it'd end up being a free-for-all without some sort of moderation.

Maybe we need some kind of "anonymous shoutbox."

Where we can type whatever we want and nobody will know who's writing what.

Like an anonymous opinion box.
You do realize that people will be pointing at someone who never made the comment because of some prior conflict.

Let's try getting avatars again.... people who don't have them. Camo, MovieGal, whoever.
. I should know which of you people is online without having to arduously hover my mouse over those films reels. Come on.

Let's try getting avatars again.... people who don't have them. Camo, MovieGal, whoever.
Miss Vicky has asked me twice tonight to get one. Sorry as much as i want to show solidarity with you, annoying Miss Vicky is more important to me.