The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

I found it very amusing to see how people's draft stock would rise the day after a good preseason game, even though they seem to have little to no correlation with the regular season. Obviously Aaron Rodgers has been going pretty high all month long, but after the Packers put up 59 points, I saw him going several slots higher on average in the next several drafts; sometimes more. Not that I'm complaining.

I think the only real value in the preseason lies in the extremes: if someone looks terrible, it might mean something, particularly if they're older, and if someone looks great, you can at least consider the possibility that they'll get some playing time (or more than you'd expected). Small, meaningless sample though it is, I'm sure coaches base decisions on it, anyway.

Other than that, though, it's just about monitoring injuries and hoping other people put too much stock in it.

I am not dealing Andre Johnson, that's for sure.
Not even for BERNARD SCOTT?!?! Oh yeah, that just happened.

Ahem.

Anyway, I agree with most of what you said, with the caveat that I would definitely rather have Forsett than Barber in a PPR. In a standard league, I think they'd be pretty close. But when you get into those middle-round backs where health and playing time are an issue, it really comes down to who you like more, so there'll be some huge differences of opinion in that range, I'm sure.

A system of cells interlinked
Ah, my point wasn't that Barber is the better PPR back, but that in a PPR league, I can't downgrade my WR1 slot to upgrade (downgrade?) my RB2.

Tongo isn't crazy here - but I don't see this deal as being good for me, as claimed - it's good for him. I definitely don't blame the guy for trying!

Oh, yeah, I agree. It's kind of interesting because our league is arguably the type where such deals make more sense, rather than less (14 teams = depth more important, PPR = Forsett better), so these are the best circumstances under which to have such a deal, but I think you're right to pass anyway. Johnson is an elite talent and, as much as I'd love to hype my guy Moss, I almost feel like Johnson is in a tier by himself at receiver this year.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Bold Pre-Season Prediction.

Marion Barber will score more TD's than Justin Forsett.

I'll wager A DVD.

Actually, i was thinking, since this is a movie site and all, if maybe it might make sense for the 11 losers to forward a DVD to the MOFO champeen at seasons end.

just a thought.

Actually, I think Barber will probably score more TDs than Justin Forsett, too, but I think Forsett will have more yardage and probably a couple dozen more catches, which would easily cover a gap of 4-5 scores, if that's what it ends up being.

He had 3 more TDs last year, and he was banged up half the year. The Cowboys were in better shape last year, though...I think...

However, Forsett had more catches last year too, and he did not score more than Barber overall - the margin is quite small.

Again, the backs are about even, but the wideouts are not. As Chris said, and as the preseason may suggest, Johnson is a powerhouse in a tier all by himself. Johnson had 7 catches for 70+ yards in the small amount of time he played.

Preseason, of course.

Andre Johnson is the no doubt Stud of the WR. Randy Moss is the only other receiver that has a remote chance at matching his numbers and thus his value.

I say remote as Moss is strictly a long ball, big play guy the last few years, in the NE offense Welker is tapped to move the chains.

In Texas, its all AJ all the time with a smattering of Owen Daniels. and thats pretty much it.

I had planned to draft him myself in the 8th Slot, but with the early run on QB's, figured the odds on getten a top tier QB in the 2nd round or later was remote.

it is funny how different drafts go. last night i drafted 6th in 12 team league over at CBS, and didn't draft a QB till the 4th round.

Actually, i was thinking, since this is a movie site and all, if maybe it might make sense for the 11 losers to forward a DVD to the MOFO champeen at seasons end.

just a thought.

This is a really cool idea.

I like the idea, though it's 13 owners and that means they'd each chip in, like, $1, which isn't really worth the trouble of PayPal-ing, let alone writing a check or something, and I'm sure we'd only get like half to actually bother to do it. I'd just as soon spring for it myself instead.

Oh, and in case anyone forgot: I did, in fact, promise to send the winner of the league a cheap trophy.

no i think you misunderstand Yoda.

what im suggesting is, in addition to the highly coveted MoFo trophy, the Champeen would receive 13 separate DVD movies.

1 from each of the losers.

Ah. My mistake! That makes a good deal more sense.

I'd be down, depending on how many others do it. I think we'd probably just get a handful, but if enough people are in, I would be, too.

I would totally do it. The catch would have to be that we get to choose the DVD! We can send a film we think the person should see, or an absolutely terrible film, depending on how the season goes.

I would totally do it. The catch would have to be that we get to choose the DVD! We can send a film we think the person should see, or an absolutely terrible film, depending on how the season goes.
I like that idea.

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Correction they will be new for my collection............wait who won last year??? Oh right right I did LOL!!!!

Sorry can't resist but, I am for this shall I make a list? LOL I really can't control myself here.

To avoid multiple duplicates, hows about each loser presents a choice of 5 flicks for the Champeen to choose 1 from.

also, I know i'm not the only one slowly but surely upgrading my collection to blueray, so I'd be A-ok to receive previously enjoyed DVD's from MOFO's libraries.

just no bootleg stuff(DVDR). Gotta be complete with case.

DVD idea to winner - Im in!

Top Ten reasons Im trying to trade Matt Schaub to Yodas Philip Rivers

#10 Like last year I enjoy trading my first round draft picks

#9 Rivers gets injured alot less. Remember when Schaub broke his leg? He just seems more injury prone.

#8 The Chargers almost went to the super bowl, and the Texans were nowhere near it. Thats a fantasy football intangible baby!

#7 The Chargers uniform is just so much cooler looking than the Texans uniform

#6 Chargers have better coaching. Another intangible, but Im dubious of the Texans coach benching Steve Slaton midseason last year. That was just stupid.

#5 Im doing it for Yoda! Jacoby Jones & Matt Schaub would be an exciting combination for him like Favre and Harvin was for me last year. Im doing it in the name of fun

#4 Rivers rating last year was 3rd overall only behind Drew Brees & Brett Favre . Schaub threw for the most yardage though overall, and beat Rivers by 500 yds

#3 I actually have Matt Schaub as my QB in my Facebook league. Need more variety!

#2 Sedai, that evil bastid', stole Andre Johnson from me before I could get him in round 1. Then he wouldnt trade him away! I even tried to give him Miles Austin with that unbelievable RB Justin Forsett! Ida done the same thing though

...and the #1 reason Im trying to trade away Matt Schaub for Philip Rivers...
...what's the difference?! I couldnt think of 2 more equally match quarterbacks, and I have Antonio Gates baby! With Vincent Jackson gone Gates is the #1 catcher on that team. This year Rivers/Gates connection might be even hotter than Manning/Clark. I like having a QB too WR or TE connector on my team. It was fun with Favre & Harvin last year.

Thats that. Now Yoda its up to you, and yes I am a drama queen.

Yeah, that would be surprising... though I'm still kind of surprised Schaub was a first rounder.