****Thanks Movie Forum*****

Tools    

Well Ive been voicing my opinions all over the joint & so I just thought Id say, thanks for giving an over opinionated film buff a creative outlet for his frustrations at the current state of the industry in general. Thank god (or Cameron Crowe & Jeanuette & Caro)for Almost Famous & City Of Lost Children just 2 films of the last 10 years I have loved...

I look forward to reading everyones opinions each day, it really keeps me in a writing grove while I work on my scripts & film Journalism ideas.

Anyway keep up the good work & Thank You Movie Forums.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
No problem, but you owe me.

LOL Peter - you're just a lowly Moderator! Don't make me beat you senseless with my tremendous ADMINISTRATIVE POWERS!

Glad you like the site Deckard - if you continue to dig it later, perhaps you'll be intered in a "cating call" of sorts. I'll be combing the forums for active members interested in posting movie news and other such things in the future.

Thanks guys, I would love to be more involved with the site when the time comes, feel free to email me anytime about anything.

Cool & OG I will go Manga on your *** if you keep talking like that (LOL).

MovieForums Extra
LOL Deckard, we're all glad to have you around here (kinda reminds me of when I signed up )! It's cool to have a critic who has liked only two movies in the past 10 years, it makes you think sometimes!

Thanks Zeph,Thought I would just clarify I loved way more than 2 film in the last 10 years (LOL). Nice to meet another person who realizes there is far more bad movies being released than good ones & even fewer that are embraced by the public.
There are great movies out their, it just seems that if its not accompanied by hype people are afraid to declare it brilliant. It also seems hype subconciously influences a lot of people who are not confident in their knowledge of film & need to be told what is good & bad.

LOL off I go again preaching away, sorry about that, thanks for the welcome.

MovieForums Extra
I know exactly what you mean, a lot of the time I'm put off by hype because it is just used as a promotional stunt (like in Star Wars: Episode 1, which was really terrible to the point of crying)...I like to watch a movie and judge it for myself, and almost never listen to critics (they're usually someone who's as cranky as me )!

I'm not sure, didn't someone say "Critics are always wrong"?

Oh I think the saying is "Opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one". What they fail to meantion is that "Everybody needs one as well"
It seems more & more once a critic gets paid they seem to love everything with a big budget because the personal kickbacks are to good to resist. I dont know about you guys but in the last 4 weeks Ive watched at least five modern gems:

Virgin Suicides 9/10
Ghost Dog 9/10
WonderBoys 9/10
Almost Famous 9/10
Ride With The Devil 7.5/10

All 5 of these films were just as good the second time round & possibly even better in some cases. It felt like I was only bad mouthing films, just got back from Almost Famous at the cinema & had to send out positive vibes.
[Edited by TWTCommish on 03-07-2001]

It's not a big deal - I almost decided to let it go. The word can be found on network television now, so it hardly matters. But hey, my Grandma visits this site sometimes.

No big deal.