THE SILVER SCREEN

Tools    

I'm here, I want to post one OK? I did guess right and we can do two at a time

Who is this infamous lady and what is that big thing beside her?
Sorry. Just trying to keep the thread flowing as we are in different time zones. Two at once is fine with me providing we get more MoFos playing. This thread has been slow going compared to Snapshots Of History..

Infamous lady? Is that the first sound movie camera?

No, not the first sound camera, think a few years later, but you're on the right track. BTW the lady has a ton of movie credits. It's joked that she has her name in more movie credits than anyone. Though I doubt that's true.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Natalie Kalmus. And this is a Technicolor camera.

Who's that fine lady:

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

what time are u signing off orson..
Just about now, open floor. And bummer I won't get my internet fixed until this Tuesday, (I hope!)....So posting pics is hard for me to do right now.

So someone else take my turn.

Would that be the first two men kissing shown in a movie?
orson that is not two men. First ever film kiss. Take a look.

Scene from the New York stage comedy, The Widow Jones, in which Irwin and Rice starred. According to Edison film historian C. Musser, the actors staged their kiss for the camera at the request of the New York world newspaper, and the resulting film was the most popular Edison Vitascope film in 1896.

This is not an American film. It was the precursor to later Hollywood biblical epics. Can you see this pic orson?

It looks like Romans dragging Christians to die in the Coliseum. I don't know the name of the movie though?
Good ol' Orson always supporting this thread.
It was re made in the 50s.. with a couple of your popular American actors. A two word title.

Ahh, interesting. I can't watch the video but what you wrote...I'd never had guessed that. I missed it, so why not post another?
I can see why you figured that was a man. Not exactly a Botticelli Angel is she.