Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

I'm not a fan of Mad Maxx (1979) but I hated Fury Road and shut it off after 15 minutes. I'll take The Road Warrior or even Mad Maxx Beyond Thunder Dome anyday.

I don't understand how you can hate Fury Road.

It's shot with such energy, you barely get a chance to catch your breath, it's like a visual rollercoaste. Relentless action right from the start, perfect blend of practical and computer effects married with brilliant visuals and strong performances. One of my most memorable cinema-going experiences of the last few years.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...

It's shot with such energy, you barely get a chance to catch your breath, it's like a visual rollercoaster. Relentless action right from the start...
That's exactly why I hated it.

The Godfather because it just wouldn't end.

The Last House on The Left (the original) because it was too disturbing.

The Wolf of Wall Street, for the same reason as The Godfather, just way too long!

Mad Max (1979)

I loved Fury Road so decided to go back and watch the original but got about 30 minutes in then had to turn it off. I mean WTF kind of film is this? There's no introduction or setting whatsoever, just a bunch of freaks chasing each other around in cars screaming like morons and a baby-faced Mel Gibson trying to look cool. Is it supposed to be set in a post-apocalyptic future or the 1970s? It didn't feel like either and it didn't say. Zero characterization and budget so small it makes Blair Witch Project seem like Avatar. Painful to watch.
In real life... I went with a friend to see either The Nude Bomb (1980) or Hardly Working (1980)... not sure which (but saw both of those clunkers in theaters with friends). There was a preview for Mad Max (1979) - I think it was just previewing in the states as it was first released in Australia?

Anyway... we were just at the hind end of the oil crisis (but at the time we didn't know it was coming to an end) and, after viewing the Mad Max preview, my friend leaned over to me and said, "That takes place next year... after all the gas here runs out. The highways will become killing fields!"

I don’t think there’s ever been a film I didn’t finish... but I have walked out of theaters before and demanded my money back. I often watch those films later at the discount price of a rental. Main culprits of these walk outs are the standard comic book faire which I’m not a fan of.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

I'm not a fan of Mad Maxx (1979) but I hated Fury Road and shut it off after 15 minutes. I'll take The Road Warrior or even Mad Maxx Beyond Thunder Dome anyday.
I'd say the best is in the middle: The Road Warrior (still the best Mad Max film)!

It's shot with such energy, you barely get a chance to catch your breath, it's like a visual rollercoaste. Relentless action right from the start, perfect blend of practical and computer effects married with brilliant visuals and strong performances. One of my most memorable cinema-going experiences of the last few years.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...
I don’t hate Fury Road. I love it actually. My only beef with it though it they cut away on action. The “money shots” seem to be missing unlike The Road Warrior. The Road Warrior the stunts are all real and right there in masters, not so much editing trickery as in Fury Road.

Terminator: Dark Fate

Horrible. And I have no clue what it’s about.

Natural Born Killers

I just tried watching this film. Awful. After 30 minutes I couldn't face the prospect of enduring another 90 minutes of this... thing. It's the most over-stylized piece of junk I've ever seen. I don't know what drugs Oliver Stone was on when he shot this but they must have been pretty damn good.
Watching this film was exhausting and nauseating, it's genuinely given me a headache. Barely any plot, just two unlikable characters committing gratuitous acts of violence. I'd say this film is a classic case of style over substance but there is no substance, it's just a chaotic mess.

Lawrence of Arabia
Unfortunately, I was just simply too bored out of my mind by this "highly acclaimed masterpiece" (and I'm someone who managed to sit through the incredibly melodramatic and long-winded revisionism of "Gone with the Wind"). I might give it another shot someday.

Schindler's List
I wasn't really in the mood to watch Spielberg's take on the holocaust at the time. It just felt kinda distasteful during my viewing. Again, might give it another shot someday.

Agree with you on Lawrence of Arabia. Unwatchable for me.

Schindler’s List is a brilliant movie & does great honor to his memory.

Welcome to the human race...

Horrible. And I have no clue what it’s about.
I admit it's been a while since I've seen it, but I thought it was clear from the outset that it's about a guy trying to escape from fascists.

Natural Born Killers

I just tried watching this film. Awful. After 30 minutes I couldn't face the prospect of enduring another 90 minutes of this... thing. It's the most over-stylized piece of junk I've ever seen. I don't know what drugs Oliver Stone was on when he shot this but they must have been pretty damn good.
Watching this film was exhausting and nauseating, it's genuinely given me a headache. Barely any plot, just two unlikable characters committing gratuitous acts of violence. I'd say this film is a classic case of style over substance but there is no substance, it's just a chaotic mess.
I agree. I think it’s an entirely unnecessary ripoff of Badlands (1973).

Mad Max (1979)

I loved Fury Road so decided to go back and watch the original but got about 30 minutes in then had to turn it off. I mean WTF kind of film is this? There's no introduction or setting whatsoever, just a bunch of freaks chasing each other around in cars screaming like morons and a baby-faced Mel Gibson trying to look cool. Is it supposed to be set in a post-apocalyptic future or the 1970s? It didn't feel like either and it didn't say. Zero characterization and budget so small it makes Blair Witch Project seem like Avatar. Painful to watch.
Same. Although I loved The Road Warrior (1981). Maybe you should give it a go.

How about movies you couldn't finish in the theatre lol My gf and a friend went to the movies a while back. We are kind of drunk. We thought we would get a good scare but found Silent Hill incredibly boring and walked out 20 minutes in lol

Schindler's List
I wasn't really in the mood to watch Spielberg's take on the holocaust at the time. It just felt kinda distasteful during my viewing. Again, might give it another shot someday.