MoFo Fantasy Football 2019 - The Regular Season

Tools    

@Yoda sent you a trade, even if this one doesn’t interest you lmk if you’d have any interest in a RB1 for WR1 combo

Goes for anyone here. OBJ and JuJu both on table

I am doing well in my Yahoo league. 5-1 and in first place by myself.

My top three RBs of Chubb, Ingram, and Josh Jacobs have been very dependable. Sony Michele not so much, but I just picked up Buffalo's Devin Singletary off the waiver wire, I'll see if he can fill that gap. My WRs are coming around and two of them, Sammy Watkins and Will Fuller, had career best days while in my lineup catapulting me to easy victories those weeks. Travis Kelce has done well but not yet the explosive ceiling he is capable of. Deshaun Watson has stabilized to become the stud he can be, and I still have Russell Wilson on my bench.

Good times, so far!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
After cruising to a 4-1 record, this last week was a disaster. With the league stuffed with 14 teams, my depth is pretty much nonexistent. Tough times ahead, methinks.

After cruising to a 4-1 record, this last week was a disaster. With the league stuffed with 14 teams, my depth is pretty much nonexistent. Tough times ahead, methinks.
Yeah, it's very tough, and the league has gotten a lot savvier. Years ago I was able to nab most of the best second-level fliers and waiver guys at very high rates, but not any more. Probably doesn't help that this coincides with me a) getting way more into fantasy baseball, which is hitting crunch time right when football starts up, and b) getting way more into softball. I did more prep in half a preseason in those earlier years than I have in the last 2-3 combined.

I do like that we have just enough wrinkles in scoring and league size and all that that people can't just coast on standard rankings and whatnot, though. Gotta apply some thought and put in some effort. Helps reduce the week to week randomness a little.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, it's very tough, and the league has gotten a lot savvier. Years ago I was able to nab most of the best second-level fliers and waiver guys at very high rates, but not any more. Probably doesn't help that this coincides with me a) getting way more into fantasy baseball, which is hitting crunch time right when football starts up, and b) getting way more into softball. I did more prep in half a preseason in those earlier years than I have in the last 2-3 combined.

I do like that we have just enough wrinkles in scoring and league size and all that that people can't just coast on standard rankings and whatnot, though. Gotta apply some thought and put in some effort. Helps reduce the week to week randomness a little.
I spent very little time on prep this season, and it shows. That final push in baseball, as you mentioned, combined with having the wee lass in our lives, made it quite difficult to properly prepare. Now I am hoping for some very underwhelming players to help me through the bye weeks, which never seems to pan out...

That almost looked so good people would think it was the Madden video game.

Resolved with my season and how its probably going to be going forward. At least I'm glad I'm not obliterating the waivers and trading away the kitchen sink like always. If I can carry that behavior method into next years Baseball season then it will be worth it. Yes sir, this glass is half-full

Still have that #1 waiver position. 7 weeks in and there hasn't been a must-grab player yet to be gotten. Probably due to the coaching in our league having gotten wiser overall. I haven't made a trade or gotten a player off waivers all season. Kinda scary, but makes sense cause pretty soon it will be Halloween.

My team is not coming together like I hoped it would, I held off on some trades even though I think looking at scores I still would have lost. Soooooo, I am open to some big trades, I have Chubbs and Kittle that I am willing to let go for the right players. Not looking to trade both though unless it is really lucrative. If interested send offers, you never know.

Kupp's a stud, but he more than doubled his projected total and hit a season high, too. It happens, always just a question of who's stuck playing the stud when they play even studlier than usual. Happened with Evans a few weeks back, too. So it goes.

Sanders, yeah, just random nonsense.

Yeah, I can get why you benched Sanders. He scored early but didn't do much after, but you never know after a trade midseason.

Drake got declared out for Monday because he's a trade candidate...after most of the Sunday games started. Can't remember that happening before.