Black Widow

Tools    

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ma...er-1202643908/

"Marvel is finally pushing ahead with the highly anticipated “Black Widow” standalone movie starring Scarlett Johansson, with Jac Schaeffer penning the script.

Sources say this is still very early development, as the film has no greenlight, but naming a writer is the closest the studio has come to moving forward on a standalone pic. Marvel President Kevin Feige met with several candidates before tapping Schaeffer, and Marvel execs met with Johansson to discuss what they wanted from a “Black Widow” writer.

Schaeffer is an up and coming scribe who broke out with her Black List script “The Shower,” a comedy about an alien invasion during a baby shower which caught the eye of Anne Hathaway, who quickly attached herself to star in the pic.

Marvel had no comment."

You have to have Sam Jackson and Nick Fury, Bring Back Phil Coulson and Hawkeye because cant ignore these people relationship with Black Widow that Joss Whedon set up in the Avengers movie. Is it too late to get Joss to direct this movie cause a female lead ass kicker is something Joss can do. I know many complain about JL and how Joss didnt help that movie and I say JL was a mess because you ask an editor too create a movie based off two visions as a director. JL should have been put on hold until Snyder could return after such a big loss for him.

Welcome to the human race...
I'd rather not have Joss involved in this - he's not the only one who can handle female action leads and the way that he developed Black Widow in Age of Ultron didn't sit right with fans so that's one more reason not to bring him back. Having a female writer seems to be a step in the right direction, but it sounds like nothing is 100% confirmed yet so I guess we have to wait and see.

This might just do nobody any good.
Personally, I think it would be more interesting if SHIELD (which is guaranteed for this, duh) played a minimal role.

You got a lot of set-up in Age of Ultron. Don’t do a prequel but a continuation. Tying up loose ends (plus potentially having Julie Delpy as a villain).

This should have been made and at very least a Nick Fury/ Shield movie before Avengers 1 came out. Doing Black Widow seems a bit late an out of place now.

This might just do nobody any good.
Cate Shortland to direct.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...rtland-1126708

I saw her movie Lore some years back. I remember thinking it was pretty good.

David Harbour is finally in the MCU. I'm more excited to see this very much awaited standalone film than Captain Marvel.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I'm not that interested. There have been so many superhero movies from Marvel I am really Marveled out at this point. Not that it will definitely bad necessarily, just Marveled out, and feel it's been there, done that now.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Yeah, well...well...This one has fat Hopper and FloPugh. That's good enough for me.

No seriously. Those are the only 2 reasons I would go.

I CAN'T WAIT !!!