🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Another actor who appeared in two episodes as a different character.

Craig Huxley (born Craig Hundley; November 22, 1954)

Craig Hundley as Peter Kirk

Operation: Annihilate

Craig Huxley as Tommy Starnes

And the Children Shall Lead

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I just seen Relics on Star Trek The Next Generation with Scotty. James Doohan was excellent in it, it's too bad he didn't get more to do in the original Star Trek.
James Doohan is probably my favorite Star Trek cast member. He was originally slated to be one of the three main characters, but Deforest Kelley had more chemistry with William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy, so Bones got more screen time. But James Doohan stormed the beach at Normandy on D-Day (with the Canadian army), invented the Klingon language (for Star Trek the Motion Picture), did the lion's share of voices for the Star Trek animated series, and famously saved the life of a suicidal fan by inviting her to be his guest at an early Star Trek convention. He was an excellent human being.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

James Doohan is probably my favorite Star Trek cast member...
Thanks for posting all that about James Doohan I didn't know that and yes he's a cool dude!

I know most people would say Spock was their favorite ST original series character, but I always liked Scotty. I thought when he was given a chance to command the Enterprise he made one helluva of a captain. I can't remember the episode, but my favorite scene was when he was in command and ordered to lower the shields as a show of faith by a 'mealy mouth' bureaucratic...And when threatened with court martial he replies along the lines: 'that you can do, but I still won't lower the shields.' I think that might have been in A Taste of Armageddon?

Thanks for posting all that about James Doohan I didn't know that and yes he's a cool dude!

I know most people would say Spock was their favorite ST original series character, but I always liked Scotty. I thought when he was given a chance to command the Enterprise he made one helluva of a captain. I can't remember the episode, but my favorite scene was when he was in command and ordered to lower the shields as a show of faith by a 'mealy mouth' bureaucratic...And when threatened with court martial he replies along the lines: 'that you can do, but I still won't lower the shields.' I think that might have been in A Taste of Armageddon?
It is from A Taste of Armageddon. It's about 2 planets basically killing one another using computers.

Ha! that was good. Have you seen the entire roast show?
If it's the same one I remember, it was from a while back. But yes I saw it.

A lot of it was funny, but those (is it Comedy Central?) roasts have become so vulgar - much of it has little to do with the person being roasted but more like an excuse to use toilet humor and curse on TV. I really long for the days of the Dean Martin roasts!

I can't repeat what Nichelle Nichols said to Shatner - but it was in regards to their first interracial kiss on TV...

His face hasn't changed much. He's probably still drinking apricot juice (Tranya)
I always suspected it was Tang.

If it's the same one I remember, it was from a while back. But yes I saw it.

A lot of it was funny, but those (is it Comedy Central?) roasts have become so vulgar - much of it has little to do with the person being roasted but more like an excuse to use toilet humor and curse on TV. I really long for the days of the Dean Martin roasts!

I can't repeat what Nichelle Nichols said to Shatner - but it was in regards to their first interracial kiss on TV...
That piqued my interest. I've only seen one William Shatner roast with most of the ST crew and for some reason Betty White and Farrah Fawcett. Geez the hate in the room for William Shatter was so thick that you couldn't cut it with a phaser. Most of it wasn't funny, but downright nasty.

Plato's Stepchildren was also the first time an interspecies kiss was shown between an Earthling and a Vulcan.

Oh wait. That's not true. I forgot about the kiss on This Side of Paradise.

Plato's Stepchildren was also the first time an interspecies kiss was shown between an Earthling and a Vulcan.
You know they actually never did kiss. It was filmed in such a way that it looks like Kirk kisses Uhura but he never did.

You know they actually never did kiss. It was filmed in such a way that it looks like Kirk kisses Uhura but he never did.
Yes, I remember reading about that. The producer and director of that episode had a difficult time filming that scene because William Shatner kept insisting on kissing her.

Yes, I remember reading about that. The producer and director of that episode had a difficult time filming that scene because William Shatner kept insisting on kissing her.
I've never heard why they didn't want them to kiss. Anyone know why?

I've never heard why they didn't want them to kiss. Anyone know why?
At that time, they didn't think it was appropriate to show a white man kissing a black woman. They feared it would draw too much negative publicity and criticism.

Kate Woodville

Kate Woodville as Natira

For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
I always loved Kate Woodville on that episode of Trek. I even remembered her character's name, which I didn't do with all the ladies on the show. Just something very alluring about her. And she was one of the few ladies that Bones got to hook up with.

I loved the friendship between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. It was my favorite thing about the original series in a series full of great things. This scene really pleases me every time I see it. It's from "Amok Time" where Spock thinks he's killed Kirk, only...well, you know. Great stuff!

And I love this exchange from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

I always loved Kate Woodville on that episode of Trek. I even remembered her character's name, which I didn't do with all the ladies on the show. Just something very alluring about her. And she was one of the few ladies that Bones got to hook up with.
He got pretty lucky in Shore Leave too.

And let's not forget his old flame from The Man Trap

I loved the friendship between Kirk, Spock, and McCoy.
They really capitalized on this idea on Star Trek V. A lot of scenes with just the three of them.

Oh come on, she wasn't that bad looking I might even call her a handsome woman
I thought she was sexy as hell. I'm not sure but I think she's related to Cousin Itt.

Oh come on, she wasn't that bad looking I might even call her a handsome woman
I thought she was sexy as hell. I'm not sure but I think she's related to Cousin Itt.
Lol - You guys are hilarious