WHERE THE HECK AM I?

Tools    

Pittsburgh

lol Thanks @Citizen Rules - Well,
let 's see if anyone recognizes where this tower- and city- is.

Isn't that the world's tallest structure? Or was at one time. I think that was in Singapore?

CR, it WAS the world's tallest structure, but someone got competitive and built an even taller one. I believe this one is now the world's second tallest.

Not in Singapore, but as you suspected; this cosmopolitan city is not in the US.

No. Nowhere near.

Omg if no one gets this, I' m gonna have to give up my Tim Hortons donuts. And poutine. Not to mention maple syrup.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
No. Nowhere near.

Omg if no one gets this, I' m gonna have to give up my Tim Hortons donuts. And poutine. Not to mention maple syrup.

You mentioned "poutine", so I'm going to guess that it's somewhere in Canada.

Yay @gbgoodies for guessing the country and especially for knowing what poutine is.

I' m often surprised that when I post pics of this country, almost no one recognizes it. Maybe it's that syndrome you mentioned of being so close to a NYC landmark and not going to see it - same with our neighbor?

Here's another hint:
If you visited the city posted above, you may see one of
these ( and not just in the trees)

Yay @gbgoodies for guessing the country and especially for knowing what poutine is.

I' m often surprised that when I post pics of this country, almost no one recognizes it. Maybe it's that syndrome you mentioned of being so close to a NYC landmark and not going to see it - same with our neighbor?
My college roommate transferred to a school in Montreal, and while I was there, I tried poutine. It was amazing. I've tried many ways to duplicate it here in NY, but I've never found anything as good as that.

While I was there McDonald's was test-marketing poutine in their restaurants, but I guess it didn't go over well because it never came here to our local McDs.

Here's another hint:
If you visited the city posted above, you may see one of
these ( and not just in the trees)
I don't know much about birds, but that looks like a blue jay. I'll guess Toronto because of the baseball team.

Absolutely correct @gbgoodies. Toronto it is. Hooray for you ( and me too, I was getting pretty desperate to find anyone who knows of our lovely neighbors of the north ) . And smart of you to catch the Blue Jay hint. And btw I agree, poutine is amazing, and better in Canada.

Take a turn gbg.

I like easy ones @gbgoodies . So I think that is Lombard Street, what's known as the 'crookedest street in the world' San Francisco.

I like easy ones @gbgoodies . So I think that is Lombard Street, what's known as the 'crookedest street in the world' San Francisco.

Correct.

I was too young to drive it when I visited San Francisco, but at least I got to walk it.

Quite a hike @gbgoodies

Well, ya know gbg; I like the idea of posting easy ones for a change. In fact, I think that' s what I' ll do for my next post. ( Maybe we should start a thread of ' how easy can you get?questions )

Think I ' ll say good night,
to this thread anyways, with this location. Any mofo should be able to guess this one-

Yes, and this is the place where stars placed their foot and handprints - renamed a few times, but generally known as Grauman's Chinese Theatre

Your turn Stirch