Totally Righteous New '80s Song Tournament

Tools    

And I’m actually shocked that someone else nominated “Dynamite” already.
Who else nominated it?

I'll change it
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I wasn't really in the mood to do another song tournament, but I will join this one. It just makes me mad that I used so many good 80's songs already.

Anyway, as 9 out of 10 times my mother honestly would help me choose songs for these things, I think I will nominate 10 songs that I know she really liked (unfortunately "Let's Hear It for the Boy" was a runner-up).

So these will be my 10 songs:

That Was Then, This Is Now - The Monkees
A Groovy Kind of Love - Phil Collins
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham!
Do I Do - Stevie Wonder
Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
Together Forever - Rick Astley
Faith - George Michael
Livin' On a Prayer - Bon Jovi
St. Elmo's Fire - John Parr
Somewhere Out There - Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram
Material Girl - Madonna

Do I expect any of these to do particularly well? Not really. But my mother liked them and I felt like these are the right songs to use.

I wasn't really in the mood to do another song tournament, but I will join this one. It just makes me mad that I used so many good 80's songs already.

Anyway, as 9 out of 10 times my mother honestly would help me choose songs for these things, I think I will nominate 10 songs that I know she really liked (unfortunately "Let's Hear It for the Boy" was a runner-up).

So these will be my 10 songs:

That Was Then, This Is Now - The Monkees
A Groovy Kind of Love - Phil Collins
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - Wham!
Invisible Touch - Genesis
Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
Together Forever - Rick Astley
Faith - George Michael
Livin' On a Prayer - Bon Jovi
St. Elmo's Fire - John Parr
Somewhere Out There - Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram

Do I expect any of these to do particularly well? Not really. But my mother liked them and I felt like these are the right songs to use.
@SilentVamp

Invisible Touch is mine. Sorry

Awesome, @SilentVamp. Thank you.

I asked her last night if she’d care to join us.

I added Madonna. She wanted me to nominate this one a long time ago.
I think I know who you're talking about, though it sounds like you're saying Madonna wanted you to add it.

Surprised Cruel Summer has never won a tourney.

It's time, and it's mine
I used to listen to that with my girlfriends as they told me stories of heart ache and heartbreak. Oh, the memories....

I used to listen to that with my girlfriends as they told me stories of heart ache and heartbreak. Oh, the memories....
Were they screaming at you on the other end of a phone as you broke up with them or something?

While I wait on the two extra songs from @edarsenal and @mojofilter, I shall start the tournament.

Were they screaming at you on the other end of a phone as you broke up with them or something?
Sometimes you've just got to love em and leave em, because sometimes that's just the way it's got to be.